Any classic meets in Northamptonshire at the moment?

Is there a classic car event close to you that you think everyone should know about? Well post it here! You can also promote your local classic car club here too. Please - just post the details once, only post again if there are significant updates: gratuitous bumps or reminders will be deleted.
nickarp2000

Any classic meets in Northamptonshire at the moment?

#1 Post by nickarp2000 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:07 am

Just wondering if anyone knows or attends any classic meets in the Northampton area at this time of year.
Turned up last Sunday at the Queen Eleanor (shown to be a standard meet), waited around for an hour but I was the only one there :(
Got surrounded by cars that were less than 3 years old.
Car got some strange looks, some puzzlement, and some smiles, but after an hour we made a retreat and went on a country drive.
Such a lovely day and a shame.
So if anyone knows of any I would love to bring along my little precious.
Thanks
Nick

Raymk

Re: Any classic meets in Northamptonshire at the moment?

#2 Post by Raymk » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:52 pm

I used to attend the Queen Eleanor meets but have not been for about two years and my last one was a bit quiet. There is a regular gathering of classics, mainly American and performance cars, at John's Cafe, on the Fosters Booth side of Towcester, on the A5. I am not sure of the dates, though I'm sure a web search would provide details. Further afield, the Dog and Gun at Kilby in Leicestershire usually attracts a good variety of classics, as does the smaller meet at the Black Horse, Foxton. Classic Car Weekly tends to have the best listing of local meets and their dates. Keep an eye on Stanford Hall events as well. They hold a few meets per year for various car clubs. I particularly like the Founders Day Rally which usually has a huge selection of motorcycles from most eras, in fact the bike parking area is as interesting as the main display area. The atmosphere in local meets can vary widely. Some cater for immaculate vehicles which have had open cheque book restorations while others attract performance cars etc. I like those which welcome all classes of elderly and/or unusual vehicles, particularly where the majority drive to the meet. I love to see pristine examples, but well worn survivors are equally fascinating as they wear their history so visibly :D . Good luck with your search.