Classic Car Sunday. April 5th 2015.

Is there a classic car event close to you that you think everyone should know about? Well post it here! You can also promote your local classic car club here too. Please - just post the details once, only post again if there are significant updates: gratuitous bumps or reminders will be deleted.
GHT

Classic Car Sunday. April 5th 2015.

#1 Post by GHT » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:53 am

Last year, just by chance, I came across a classic car meet. It was held near the heritage railway line, better know as: The Watercress Line. The organiser, whose name escapes me, went overboard by the way my wife and I dress the part. So much so, that a photograph that he took, has been turned into an artist sketch of me and my car, to promote the first of the coming year's meets.
c c car.jpg
c c car.jpg (40.49 KiB) Viewed 2498 times
The organiser uses the name Crotch Cooler, he did explain it, but it was lost on me. Something about a sports car whereby the wind comes into the driver's lap, hence crotch cooler. (I think, but don't quote me.) And the venue has an unfortunate name too: The Departure Lounge. Well unfortunate if you are of a certain age, departure lounge is, of course, a euphemism for, one foot in the grave.

All that said, and for someone who has never done, seen or knows, anything about social media, what an honour to be so depicted. here's the Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/events/336679686512174/ You will need to scroll down to see the picture shown above, enlarged. I can't get over it! If you are on Facebook, do tell me if there's any further info about that sketch.