Durham Auto Jumble Saturday 24th January 2015, ENDED!!

Is there a classic car event close to you that you think everyone should know about? Well post it here! You can also promote your local classic car club here too. Please - just post the details once, only post again if there are significant updates: gratuitous bumps or reminders will be deleted.
Mitsuru

Durham Auto Jumble Saturday 24th January 2015, ENDED!!

#1 Post by Mitsuru » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:23 am

From here >>
http://www.jonniejumble.co.uk/classic_c ... mble.shtml

Some websites say the second Saturday of the month but it isn't it is the 4th Saturday of the month
The Correct date is the 24th of January and get there as early as possible as they can close early if too quiet!
The Durham Auto Jumble is planned to take place at Mill House, Littleburn Industrial Estate, Langley Moor, Durham, Saturday 10th January 2015. You may reach the event organisers on 07774 189 300.

Sellers 8am & Buyers 9am - please note the time for buyers is 1 hour earlier than before Sellers Pitch is £10 for Auto Jumble Pitches Admission £1 - Children FREE.

At this time of year at least there is one or two events still going on the depths of winter for us petrol heads to enjoy :D I will try to get to it this time!
Last edited by Mitsuru on Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

Mitsuru

Re: Durham Auto Jumble Saturday 24th January 2015

#2 Post by Mitsuru » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:59 pm

I had to edit the opening post due to the fact I went there today the 10th of January
only to see the shutters down and the place deserted! I called the number which is
above and spoke to one of the organisers. They stated that ir hasn't been the 2nd
Saturday of the month for a year plus!!!

So I had been stuck in heavy traffic in sleets and snow and got there to nothing! I will
try again on the 24th if I am able and report back. Sorry to anybody who tried to attend
and had the same result!

JPB

#3 Post by JPB » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:34 pm

That's a bugger! Still, ISTR that there is (was?) a superb bait van that would pitch up on that estate so maybe some folk did go and were rewarded with a decent roll & breakfast. :drool:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Mitsuru

#4 Post by Mitsuru » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:15 pm

I had hit every red light and got stuck in traffic jams, with road works it was more like it was during the
Christmas rush/crush. Sleet and snow there and it followed me back down to the coast :?

No catering van/truck/trailer visable and ther were gyms at different places, and an extreme cyclist shop
which were open!

I stopped at the scrapyard at wingate, they had of old cars one Pug 205 5 door and a mk2 Mondeo both
looked like they could gave been pur back on the road!

JPB

#5 Post by JPB » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:19 am

Mitsuru wrote:an extreme cyclist shop
Sounds like a barrel of laughs! Braving the traffic on unlit country roads when so many motorists choose not to see them? That's extreme enough thanks! So no more jumbles down there then? That's a darned shame. I blame the ease with which parts can now be found on the internet and all without getting muddy, soaked or annoyed with that bloke who shoves in when you were queueing to buy that rare part! :evil:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Mitsuru

#6 Post by Mitsuru » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:20 am

John I amended the thread and title because some websites were displaying the 10th of January
which is the 2nd Saturday of the month which they must have on an automatic setting when it's
actually the 4th Saturday of the month which is the 24th of January.

I also will retry to get there!

JPB

#7 Post by JPB » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:49 pm

Ah! OK, I'd misunderstood the nature of the problem by assuming - must give that up - that the problem was that the event had died on its arse. My concentration to blame there, sorry I didn't read something properly. :oops:
J

Mitsuru

#8 Post by Mitsuru » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:53 pm

I went
1 stall for car bits and even then they were over priced, and the other stalls car boot fair.
which is why they were saying it was the final one! And it was the same guy who sets up
a stall at the Ryhope show.

I could have gone to the one at Wetherby which is supposed to be a good one on the same
day but I wanted to try the local one first.

http://www.wetherbyautojumble.co.uk/