Hartlepool meet 8th June 2014

Is there a classic car event close to you that you think everyone should know about? Well post it here! You can also promote your local classic car club here too. Please - just post the details once, only post again if there are significant updates: gratuitous bumps or reminders will be deleted.
Mitsuru

Hartlepool meet 8th June 2014

#1 Post by Mitsuru » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:42 pm

This meet was previously held at the Historic Quay in Hartlepool's marina. It is now being
held at the large Tescos store as it has better facilities and the manager is a fellow petrol
head.

I left about 1pm as mt body wasn't up to being there all afternoon, so I missed a few vehicles.
Considering this was the first time the even was beinf held there, and there was aparently a
big event 20-30 miles away there wasa fair turnout.

Both the pickup and airstream type caravan are up for sale

And yes that crank handle is connected!!

I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

JPB

Re: Hartlepool meet 8th June 2014

#2 Post by JPB » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:36 pm

I missed Seaburn today but word on the streets has it that the event was its usual, well-attended self so it's encouraging to see that enough cars were left to make another meet worth having and that looks good, especially considering that the gathering of the clans down in Morpeth also accounted for a few dozen of the usual suspects.
Morris Minors never lose their appeal do they. Come the day of reckoning there'll be a few thousand still trundling about among the cockroaches and dead horses. One of these days I'll have another and fit my Marina 1300 auto bits to it. One of these days. 8-)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Topaz

Re: Hartlepool meet 8th June 2014

#3 Post by Topaz » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:23 pm

No chance of anything like that at our local Tesco - even on a quiet day the shoppers are fighting for spaces . . . . :D

Mike