Ryhope Steam Engines Muesum

Is there a classic car event close to you that you think everyone should know about? Well post it here! You can also promote your local classic car club here too. Please - just post the details once, only post again if there are significant updates: gratuitous bumps or reminders will be deleted.
JPB

Re: Ryhope Steam Engines Muesum

#11 Post by JPB » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:58 pm

Yes, that's a supercharger. That guy with the BMC black Maria thing always parks it on the gentle slope above that much steeper slope. Ever time! And every time, he struggles for grip when he backs it out at the end of the event. One of these years, someone's car is going to end up in that lade, there have already been a couple of people falling into there over the years. Let us hope that nobody has been sucked right through the boiler and spat out into the other lade, that would be nasty. I notice that they put down some form of steel plates on the floor this time, that's handy, or would have been if I'd got there. :oops: :oops:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Mitsuru

#12 Post by Mitsuru » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:34 pm

Small confession time!
When I looked in the back of the Ferrari at it's v8, yes I did start thinking that as it was a
transverse engine and transmission wouldn't that fit in my engine bay with a little work :twisted:

I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

JPB

#13 Post by JPB » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:02 am

That Ferrari engine, as seen in the Fiat there, the Fiat with the Ferrari badges :lol: . Is that not the same Ferrari engine that was available in a Lancia FWD shopping trolley of the '90s? It's actually pretty compact but hey, I'm not going to leave myself open to being accused of encouraging you! The V6 should have torque aplenty to make up for its lack of Ferrari DNA and it's also likely to be less fragile than the beautiful, 2926cc quad-cam V8 in that Fiat. The Fiat with the Ferrari badge. OK, so it comes up under Ferrari on a DVLA check but..... ;)

J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Mitsuru

#14 Post by Mitsuru » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:01 pm

I got to Ryhope about noon and was able to park at the top show area next to a black morris
minor, unfortunately I was using mothers 02 astra and the amount of people there was far
greater than I had previously seen.

No more photos, sorry but the battery on the phone went dead!

And there was a Blue fiat that nearly ran me over as it exited the show, I can't exactly move well
to begin with, and I had pushed myself getting round the show as there was a higher than usual
turnout of vehicles showing, so I had over done it! Might have been better with a mobility scooter
than a walking stick and a black document bag over my shoulder carrying all the usual necessary
stuff!

Next weekend Whitby Kustom on the 1st of Nov.
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

JPB

#15 Post by JPB » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:09 pm

Not every day you see a Citroen Bijou and a Panther Rio-badged Dolomite at the same place on the same day, nice work getting pics of that two rarities. :thumbs:

I was hoping you'd do the necessary with a camera as I didn't get (again). Next year, but don't quote me on that. :oops:
J