Sunday 21st April 2013 Drive it Day

Is there a classic car event close to you that you think everyone should know about? Well post it here! You can also promote your local classic car club here too. Please - just post the details once, only post again if there are significant updates: gratuitous bumps or reminders will be deleted.
SimonTaylor

Sunday 21st April 2013 Drive it Day

#1 Post by SimonTaylor » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:17 am

Good Morning all!

I know it's not strictly a car, but I thought I would mention for all those who might be interested, that Stagecoach St. Andrews will be supporting Drive it day this year, with a fully crewed vintage bus from their (our - I do work for them) heritage fleet. It's only a little event, but little seeds can grow to large trees, so all the support we can get will help!

Whilest the bus is parked at the St. Andrews bus station, come look around it, chat with our friendly, enthusiastic staff, get your photograph taken with our bus - maybe we'll even think about letting you sit in the driver's cab!

The bus, likely a 50's Leyland Titan or 60's Bristol Lodekka will be crewed as it should, with driver and conductor, with other classic enthusiast staff around to chat to and show off the vehicle when it isn't doing one of it's six scheduled trips around the beautiful Fife coastal town of St. Andrews.

It will operate three different routes, in place of the modern 62 plate vehicles that are normally used. The departure times from the bus station are below - please forgive the layout, if you want to attend, and need clarification of times, ask away. :-)

Departure | Running as
0930 | 99D
1040 | 99A
1200 | 99B
1300 | 99B
1420 | 99D
1540 | 99A

The normal routes and associated times can be found here: http://www.stagecoachbus.com/timetables ... locval=174

Please be aware that this will not be an easy-access low floor bus, but every effort will be made to ensure everybody can get safely and comfortably on and off. The staff will make sure that if anybody requires disability support are not discriminated against in any way, and all passengers have easy and stress free travel on all the buses, not just the vintage one on the day.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Coincidentally my 1965 Vanden Plas Princess 4R, formerly of Danny Hopkins' ownership will also be in attendance. Hopefully!