The BunGAY classic meet up.

Is there a classic car event close to you that you think everyone should know about? Well post it here! You can also promote your local classic car club here too. Please - just post the details once, only post again if there are significant updates: gratuitous bumps or reminders will be deleted.
Mrotwoman
Location: We're gonna have a breakdance party,breakdance all night long.

The BunGAY classic meet up.

#1 Post by Mrotwoman » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:13 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, an invite to the 1st ever Bungay Classic meet up, Monday Aug 27th (Bank Hol) outside the legendary bunGAY shopper @ 10.30 for general chit chat, car ogling and extreme silliness.
We shall find somewhere to go for a nice meal too (probably).

I can promise you Maxis,Marinas,Minors , possibly some other cars not beginning with M, sex toys and reggae music, what more does one need ?

Be there or be square.
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

Mrotwoman

Re: The BunGAY classic meet up.

#2 Post by Mrotwoman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:35 pm

Well you guys missed a real treat :-

JAH RASTAFARI!
Anti-Beccles *spits* defence system.
We're going to be bigger,better,bungayer next year!
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

suffolkpete

#3 Post by suffolkpete » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:32 pm

Weren't exactly overwhelmed were you? :) Had I not had a family commitment that day, I would have turned up.
1974 Rover 2200 SC
1982 Matra Murena 1.6

Mrotwoman

#4 Post by Mrotwoman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:39 pm

It was an encouraging start.

rich.

#5 Post by rich. » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:28 pm

it looks a nice place to visit...
http://www.bungay-suffolk.co.uk/

JPB

#6 Post by JPB » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:31 pm

Have to love that ancient Buttercross. :lol: What? I'm far enough from the place to get away with laughing at this stuff and anyone who wants to take a cheap shot at the sh*thole I choose to live in is more than welcome but please, not on a Tuesday, that's when we hang our witches out to dry and it's kinda solemn in that rustic, countryside way.

What can top a trip to Suffolkcestershire to take the wotsit out of the natives though eh?

Orkney perhaps?
Image :|
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

arceye

#7 Post by arceye » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:39 am

:shock: You hang your witches on a Tuesday, thats just decadent. Made a note to not let the women folk of this house down your way on Tuesdays. ;)

Orkney, steeped in history of neolithic man & wartime relics, a little like Bungay I imagine but with REAL sheep.

That photo be taken on the way here then

Good luck for the next one chaps, from small acorns do big oaks grow (or something like that)

JPB

#8 Post by JPB » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:27 pm

Here a plan:

Go to Shorpe, it's a town in Lincolnshire that has the sort of place name signs that lend themselves well to the "stand by the sign and point at the Peter Simpson - circa 1980 - lookie-likey" school of photography.

Here it is on a small map, the forum won't let its full name be posted for some odd reason?
:?
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#9 Post by rich. » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:28 am

suffolkpete

#10 Post by suffolkpete » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:04 am

I believe they held a football match where all the players and the ref had the surname Bungay.
1974 Rover 2200 SC
1982 Matra Murena 1.6