1940's short film production looking for cars!

Is there a classic car event close to you that you think everyone should know about? Well post it here! You can also promote your local classic car club here too. Please - just post the details once, only post again if there are significant updates: gratuitous bumps or reminders will be deleted.
adambenedict

1940's short film production looking for cars!

#1 Post by adambenedict » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:05 pm

Hi

I am directing a short film, shooting in Ballinger, South Bucks (nr Chesham/Gt Missenden) on sunday 4th Sept. The film is set in 1945, on VJ day, and we would love to feature some period cars in it.

As this short film is self funded our budget is very limited, and as such we can't afford to hire cars & drivers in from the usual action vehicle suppliers. I realise it is a long shot, but if there are any vintage/classic car enthusiasts in the area who may be willing to help out, we would be hugely appreciative! There are several scenes that take place outside the village hall, and to help really give it a period feel it would be great to have a car or two parked on the road, or driving past. Due to the nature of filming, some of these scenes would happen in the morning, some in the afternoon and some in the evening, so if anyone could make it just for an hour or two in any of those slots, we would love to have you! Should you wish to be more involved in the filming we are also looking for extras to feature in several of the key VJ celebration scenes in the village hall.

Sadly we can't pay anyone but we will cover petrol etc, you will be well fed and we will supply you with a copy of the finished film, and any additional video/photographic material featuring you and/or your car to use as you wish.

If you have any questions or need any more information please feel free to get in touch

Best Regards

Adam

alf892

Re: 1940's short film production looking for cars!

#2 Post by alf892 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:26 pm

OK......sounds like fun.......contact details??

adambenedict

Re: 1940's short film production looking for cars!

#3 Post by adambenedict » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:14 am

Hi
I wasn't sure if I was allowed to post contact details, but...

adam at angelicfilms.co.uk

01753 785188

Cheers

Adam