Parts Rummage at "The barn"

Is there a classic car event close to you that you think everyone should know about? Well post it here! You can also promote your local classic car club here too. Please - just post the details once, only post again if there are significant updates: gratuitous bumps or reminders will be deleted.
MG Mal

Parts Rummage at "The barn"

#1 Post by MG Mal » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:20 am

As some of you may know, I rent a barn in near Wetherby (north Yorks) where I currently store most of my fleet and more parts than I care to count. (read thousands)

As I now live in Wiltshire, getting up to the barn on a regular basis to sort stuff out for moving is difficult at best.

So, I was wondering (knowing how tight things are for everyone these days) if people would be interested in a "Parts Rummage"?

Most of the parts are as yet "unidentified" but range from early BMC up to and including MG Rover.

There are also a few project /long term stored cars that need to go.(mainly 80's and 90's Mg's and Rovers)

If there is sufficient interest, please let me know what dates would be best for you?

I would think a weekend date would suit most.

The barns facilities are pretty basic, so a "call at the services" before arrival is advisable.

Mal.

Mitsuru

Re: Parts Rummage at "The barn"

#2 Post by Mitsuru » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:36 am

I'm looking for speedo parts off a Talbot/CHrysler Horizon Automatic,
Anything like that?
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

MG Mal

#3 Post by MG Mal » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:06 am

There are so many parts I have never had time to identify most of it.

There are 4 giant crates of the stuff (equal floor area of 3 large pallets each) + 8-10 pallets of unipart and branded parts.

I bought them as part of a dealer clearance for the Maestro and Montego stuff, only to be let down by the majority of people who did'nt even like the idea of paying "cost + transport".

I am an "over enthusiastic" enthusiast for all British cars, and spent a few years trying to help out the owners I new through various forums when they could'nt locate the parts they needed.

I only have unipart catalogues and the Austin Rover + MGR EPC's on disk, so for earlier cars I have no reference for the part no.s.

I know there are ford parts as well as land rover and lots of pre 80's stuff mixed in.

There are lots of "BL" logo'd stuff as well as parts with the BMC rosette on them.

Mal.

suffolkpete

#4 Post by suffolkpete » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:56 pm

Mitsuru wrote:I'm looking for speedo parts off a Talbot/CHrysler Horizon Automatic,
Anything like that?
Have you tried the Simca Club? http://www.simcatalbotclub.org/spares.htm
1974 Rover 2200 SC
1982 Matra Murena 1.6

MG Mal

#5 Post by MG Mal » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:03 pm

Hav'nt seen anything like that so far.....

Am looking to organise this for one of the following two dates.

All those interested what are your thoughts on either of the following.

Week end of the 17th/18th of september or
the weekend of the 24th /25th September.

I realise its around 2 months away, but with the school hols and events people are already attending...........

MG Mal

#6 Post by MG Mal » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:55 am

OK Guys I'm setting the Date for the rummage / Barn visit.

The dates are.................

Week end of the 17th/18th of september

Thats Saturday the 17th (1pm onwards)
and Sunday the 18th All day.

PM for Post code / address details

MG Mal

#7 Post by MG Mal » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:40 pm

A member on the Metro Forum is trying to negotiate a "club discount" at a near by campsite for the saturday night.

For those interested in making a weekend of it.

If successful he will send me the details and those wanting to camp can Pm me for the details.

Mal.