Registering a tractor

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
Oldcarnut

Registering a tractor

#1 Post by Oldcarnut » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:59 pm

Hi guys, please someone tell me how would I go about obtaining a cert for permanent export from another country possibly northern Ireland or the UK through the DVLA.The reason I want this is we have a tractor that does not show up on records here, and I want to check if the tractor is registered either in the above two countries.We did receive a logbook with the tractor, but it turns out its not for it at all.All I have is the chassis number.For to register her here, among other things our authority wants is this form.Now it could well turn out that she was never registered anywhere, but I want to check for sure with the DVLA either way.I am unfamiliar with them and all the procedures.

tractorman

Re: Registering a tractor

#2 Post by tractorman » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:54 am

If it's the Case/DB in your avitar, try the David Brown Tractor Club - Peter Murray is the registration expert. It used to be a free service to club members, but with recent DVLA changes etc, they have to charge for the service (I was told that most clubs seem to have gone the same way).

If you have a serial number, there is supposed to be a way of getting the DVLA to do a search for it. However, I've tried a couple of times and a friend has also tried and we've never had a sensible result!

Oldcarnut

Re: Registering a tractor

#3 Post by Oldcarnut » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:10 pm

Thanks tractorman,Yes it is that tractor in the pic.Its a DB 1490. I am a member of that forum but not the club.I have posted this question on the forum too.Sure I might throw off an email to him so and see what he says.Cheers.