Steel buddies

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
Dick

Steel buddies

#1 Post by Dick » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:21 pm

Ive found this series on French tv.. has anyone else watched it?
https://next-episode.net/steel-buddies-uk

JPB

Re: Steel buddies

#2 Post by JPB » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:29 am

I've seen it in the "motoring" category on Discovery+, will give that a wee look between new episodes of Wheeler dealers with new chap Marc "Elvis" Priestley doing the work while Mike buys the cars then sells them back to the people who sold them to him in the first place (not in every episode to be fair).

Also worth a look is the New Zealand based show "Start Me Up," in which a couple of chaps find cars, Commercials, even a digger in one episode. The target vehicles are started for the first time in decades by the two affable presenters, who use some cunning bodges to wake the engines from their slumbers and then drive the subjects around some fields. There are two series of this, six twenty minute episodes each, it's on Amazon, among the repeats of Hamish Macbeth and every series of The Grand Tour. The presenters travel around NZ in a Range Rover (P38), but I'm guessing that it's not all that reliable as sometimes, they use a split new Hilux farm truck instead which is interesting** as these things are sold in NZ with a trayback rather than a more integrated pickup bed.

**- opinion, so don't go on at me if you'd sooner have an operation than see a HiLux at work.😳😉
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Dick

Re: Steel buddies

#3 Post by Dick » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:11 am

Its a German chap who buys and sells military kit.. he also bought a boat, school buses from America and camper vans from Brazil.. its a catastrophe seems to be his catch phrase...sort of top gear road trip but with more breakdowns :lol: