Camper

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
Dick

Camper

#1 Post by Dick » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:38 pm

Hi chaps, a friend owns a 67 bay window camper and needs an inner engine hinge lid panel, for some reason they are not available... does anyone know where i can find one? Part no 68-71 211-813-217c
Any help would be appreciated :thumbs:

JPB

Re: Camper

#2 Post by JPB » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:35 pm

Wow! Even JustKampers aren't showing these in stock, which is odd. Has your friend considered a used, but rust free, cut from a breaker of import shells like these: http://www.fbivw.com/page_3580120.html ?
Not showing anything in stock for this area just now but worth a call perhaps? Good luck with this, I would have suggested trying the people who brought Brazilian vans into Europe recently, but they're only Bay Window from the front to just behind the cab, the rest of that shell being split spec.. How much difference would there be I wonder, especially given that the van you're talking about must be one of the earliest Bays?

I'm no great fan of being beaten by the internet so, on the basis that I can't be doing anything more useful just now, I shall keep on looking. Apart from when Bargain Hunt is on the telly, that's sacrosanct in this house! :oops:

:scared:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Dick

Re: Camper

#3 Post by Dick » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:10 pm

Thanks john, ive sent the details on to my mate.. he's had his camper for over 20 years.. i did a lot of welding on it in 97, i was amazed by the standards of the metal and build quality.. after years of BL tin it was a pleasure.. bargain hunt is ok, but how much money do they lose every day .. besides 7 of 9 isn't on the show either.. although I like the Scottish lady as she's got an eye for a decent antique..