Question about SPAM

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
TerryG

Question about SPAM

#1 Post by TerryG » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:04 pm

Assuming this forum suffers the same issues as the last regarding advertising messages who is best to contact for their removal?
I always emailed Neil @ PC in the past but as this is no longer a PC site i assume that there is an alternative contact...
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Question about SPAM

#2 Post by admin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:47 pm

Hi Terry good question, and glad to have you back. You can contact myself (admin) via PM or Brett username (Brett - admin) but hopefully we won't suffer so much as the forum is independent so I have the permissions to keep the forum software up to date (unlike the situation on the other one).

There will be NO moderators on this forum, only admins, so whomever would like to help us out will have full privileges to ban, delete and generally wage war against spammers. Because of data protection laws, i could not allow anyone outside of the magazine these privileges but as this is an independent forum i can. This meant that if i went on holiday for example, no-one was available to delete the spammers. Now this is not the case, and with a few more admins on board to help out, spammers shouldn't be a problem.

Ta, Neil

bnicho

#3 Post by bnicho » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:59 pm

Good answer Neil.

Also, if you are in any doubt who is an admin there is a link at the bottom of the board index page.

Cheers,
Brett.
Brett Nicholson
1965 Morris Mini Traveller - Trixie
1966 Austin Mini Super-Deluxe - Audrey
1969 Morris Mini Van - Desert Assault Van
1971 Morris Moke - Mopoke
1974 VW Super Beetle - Olive
2009 Nissan Pathfinder

rich.

#4 Post by rich. » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:52 pm