Tv

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
Dick

Tv

#1 Post by Dick » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:58 pm

I recently saw programme called it was alright in the 70s where they criticised 70s tv but the only bit worth watching was some guy jumping a river in a Bedford ca camper.. narrative by magnus pyke. Anyone else watch it? Ive tried to find a link but no luck...

JPB

Re: Tv

#2 Post by JPB » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:30 pm

I tried searching some tv review fora and other sites that may have yielded some form of explanation for your odd dream, ;) but after watching a bit of the first couple of episodes on the youtube, I found a video about skateboarding animals and lost my memory regarding the reason for my having been gawping at the well known source of interesting ways to waste some time. Sorry, maybe someone else will try harder 'cos it's got to be somewhere. Everything's somewhere on the interwebs.
Maybe you could draw a picture to illustrate the van making its jump? I would, but my crayons are all blunt. :P

Meanwhile, my suggestion would be to take more water with it. :mrgreen:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#3 Post by GHT » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:27 am

Dick wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:58 pm
I recently saw programme called it was alright in the 70s where they criticised 70s tv but the only bit worth watching was some guy jumping a river in a Bedford ca camper.. narrative by magnus pyke. Anyone else watch it? Ive tried to find a link but no luck...
From one who lived through that awful decade, I can tell you that Magnus Pyke fronted a TV show called "Don't Just Sit There," (at least I think that's what it was called. I got married in 1968, we bought our first TV when we moved to Dorset in 1998, and that was only so mother-in-law could watch her daytime soaps when she came to visit.)) I've never heard of It Was Alright In The 70's, it bloody well wasn't, but a search brought up this website. If you can remember who fronted the show click on their name and you might be able to find the van in the river stunt.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4202570/

Dick

#4 Post by Dick » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:32 pm

Found it! About 16 minutes though so good luck finding it chaps
https://youtu.be/3_s5mdTUivU

See i wasn't hallucinating again 🤣🤣🤣

JPB

#5 Post by JPB » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:01 pm

Oh my days! :lol: No problem finding that mate, I just started the clip at around 15 minutes in and then waited! Shame that about 3/4 of the screen is filled with the fallout from an explosion in a kaleidoscope factory and that they didn't show the van stunt at full size. Then some stuff about "How" which was good, I used to be a big Fred Drainage fan when I'd come home from school and look at that before teatime, sadly, I never managed to set fire to a piece of steel, and now, some decades on, I know why: I needed wire wool but was trying to use a petrol-soaked string fuse and Mother's car. Damn!

*Adds steel wool to tomorrow's shopping list..* :twisted:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Dick

#6 Post by Dick » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:58 pm

Its a 1970s public information film, called coronavirus 1970s warning... or something similar.. id post a link but as usual i haven't got a clue . So if some kind person could find it and post would be eternally grateful
Some nice 70s cars to spot.. :lol: