Real ale

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
sierra3dr

Real ale

#1 Post by sierra3dr » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:56 am

If I had the money,I would have my own micro-brewery making ales that have names of car faults and parts :D here's a couple of examples,the Slipping Clutch,or The blown Headgasket. Anyone else can think of a name? :mrgreen:

Dick

Re: Real ale

#2 Post by Dick » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:41 am

Piston broke...

GHT

#3 Post by GHT » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:39 pm

DUMB BLONDE.
The blonde just about managed to push her beloved old Mini into the garage. "It just conked out," she wailed. "You go and clean up," said the kindly garage mechanic, "I'll take a quick look at it." When she steps out of the ladies she can hear the Mini's engine running. "Oh you darling," she squealed, delighted to see that he had got it going, "what was the problem?" "Just crap in the carburettor," the mechanic explained. "Oh," she said, "how often do I have to do that?"

JPB

#4 Post by JPB » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:10 pm

Dick wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:41 am
Piston broke...
Aye right! I can believe the piston part but the broke part? Nah, no such thing as a poor builder. :P
:lol:
How about "Old Rusty Outrigger?" It's crunchy and should last 'til the bar closes if you add some chicken wire and filler.
"Limited Slip Diff".. One pint of this through you, and you'll be putting down a pair of skid marks, but they may not smell of burning rubber..
"Stag V8 Bitter", it's lovely at the right temperature, but see if it gets just a tad too warm, it'll go off like an overfilled kettle, right in your face.
"The Fiat Friction Disc Brake Adjuster." It's addictive, at least that's what I assume the brewery meant when they said that you'd be unable to stop.

@GHT: The old ones are often the best...
:moon:
;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

sierra3dr

#5 Post by sierra3dr » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:42 pm

JPB wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:10 pm

How about "Old Rusty Outrigger?" It's crunchy and should last 'til the bar closes if you add some chicken wire and filler.
"Limited Slip Diff".. One pint of this through you, and you'll be putting down a pair of skid marks, but they may not smell of burning rubber..
"Stag V8 Bitter", it's lovely at the right temperature, but see if it gets just a tad too warm, it'll go off like an overfilled kettle, right in your face.
"The Fiat Friction Disc Brake Adjuster." It's addictive, at least that's what I assume the brewery meant when they said that you'd be unable to stop.

Love these :lol: thanks JPB,they are brilliant :mrgreen: :thumbs: if you make the name too long,they'd be too difficult to pronounce after a number of 5.5% pints :lol:

Dick

#6 Post by Dick » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:56 pm