christmas tv guide..

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)

GHT

Re: christmas tv guide..

#2 Post by GHT » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:10 am

Have you read those links Rich? Guy Martin presents a program about, ahem, farting!!! Seriously. I thought that you were based in France not the home of sprouts, as in Brussels.

Then you have a film with the 'F' profanity in it's title. The splurge reads:
Forgotten 1983 Disney adventure in which the loveable Volkswagen appears to become aware that it is a sentient mind trapped in the body of a small, noisy car and goes absolutely shatting apeshit by driving the wrong way up a freeway and then firing an air rifle into a crowd. Not suitable for children. Hey, wait, is that Peter Sallis? What’s he doing in this?

The late Peter Sallis was one of the stalwarts of Last of The Summer Wine, he's also the voice of Wallace in Wallace & Gromit. And did you see the name of the website? Sniffpetrol dot com. Snorting fossil fuel? No wonder Guy Martin is farting away.

And as for the second link: "The Waitrose shopper’s guide to an Iceland shopper’s Christmas." Does this mean a TV diet of Big Brother and similar trash TV? Think I might stick pins in my eyeballs, it's more interesting.

rich.

#3 Post by rich. » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:28 pm

Ght.. I do apologise to the elderly who seem to have lost their sense of humour..

JPB

#4 Post by JPB » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:13 pm

GHT, well done for deconstructing the joke. It saved me the bother! ;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#5 Post by GHT » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:41 pm

rich. wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:28 pm
Ght.. I do apologise to the elderly who seem to have lost their sense of humour..
Proof, if ever it was needed, that old people do have a sense of humour. Not so young Mercedes drivers.

rich.

#6 Post by rich. » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:43 pm

Please tell me that was you with the handbag ght :lol: :lol: :lol: