flipping bangers..

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
rich.

flipping bangers..

#1 Post by rich. » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:04 am

GHT

Re: flipping bangers..

#2 Post by GHT » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:36 am

You have to flip them otherwise they burn.
bangers.jpg
bangers.jpg (34.17 KiB) Viewed 13079 times
What's this flipping bangers all about? Was it on a UK terrestrial channel? I've never heard of it.

JPB

#3 Post by JPB » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:45 am

It's on Freeview channel 63. :thumbs: The entire first series is available as a download in watchable quality if you can't wait for episodes to come to the telly, it's a shade under 5GB.

Counting Cars, on the same side, is well worth a look too.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

megadethmaniac

#4 Post by megadethmaniac » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:19 am

couldn`t see where you download onthe web site, but looks good, bit like wd was at the start

JPB

#5 Post by JPB » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:23 pm

It's listed under the "Series" tab on the site. I just watched in time as episodes 1 and 2 are now unavailable for download so only 3 through 10 are still up. I var nigh bubbled at the one with the Alfa; all that hard graft and it ended up bailed! :cry: The Metro was a great end to the first series, but what was that bloke thinking about, letting them have it at so little money? :?

I have all ten on my Dropbox if anyone wants to catch up with any or all episodes, the download is about 4.7GB and it's all at a very satisfactory 800p resolution.

:thumbs:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

megadethmaniac

#6 Post by megadethmaniac » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:36 pm

Agree on the Alfa point and why refurb the wheels and leave them on when crushed? If I were in their shoes I would have dropped the motor and left it in a corner dragged whats left to the yard and have the wheels off before the crush.

That Metro did make me think thats waayyyyyy too cheap, mini owners would have paid way more just for the engine alone and the sale was a bit odd too. Left me thinking mmmmmm. Still better than having a Mike / Tim type in the show even if the two of them aren`t Fuzz or Edd

rich.

#7 Post by rich. » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:52 am

megadethmaniac wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:36 pm
Agree on the Alfa point and why refurb the wheels and leave them on when crushed? If I were in their shoes I would have dropped the motor and left it in a corner dragged whats left to the yard and have the wheels off before the crush.

That Metro did make me think thats waayyyyyy too cheap, mini owners would have paid way more just for the engine alone and the sale was a bit odd too. Left me thinking mmmmmm. Still better than having a Mike / Tim type in the show even if the two of them aren`t Fuzz or Edd
i thought the same about the alfa, i suppose they were trying to make a point? as for the metro, i have found an early mk 1 with 88000 km that needs restoring.... metro had one once, i don't think i will buy another
:x
edit, it has 99000 km.. how easy is it to fit a new sphere?? :scared:

JPB

#8 Post by JPB » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:13 am

New bottles (displacers, to give them Sunday's name..) for Metros can be obtained relatively easily if they're to fit the later cars with the K series engines and connected suspension (front to rear on each side, just like Hydrasag should be), but the A series engined cars had unconnected front displacers and the rear pair were connected side to side across the subframe, those are the ones that are harder to find as I'm informed that MGF ones can't be adapted in that case.
J

Dick

#9 Post by Dick » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:55 pm

New series soon , they are selling cars on eBay if you're interested chaps..

JPB

#10 Post by JPB » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:03 pm

Dick wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:55 pm
New series soon , they are selling cars on eBay if you're interested chaps..
Already available on the Blaze channel or My5, which shows Blaze content as well as other C5 products.

I'm liking the cars so far in the new (17th) series of WD. Especially the Bedford CA campervan with the Pinto engine. Shades of deja vu there as back in Edd's days on the show, they fitted one to an H van. Both are apparently accepted by those who like to use their vans though, as was the automatic box in the CA.
As for the 1st episode, originality was observed as Mk 1 minis are worth more with the factory engine, in this case a blueprinted 850.

On Flipping Bangers, the BX 16valve that Gus & Will "saved" in the show is now owned by
Jack Pagarero (sp?), presenter of classic car Channel "Number 27." Jack, who bought the BX in the past week or two, has an episode dedicated to how bad the poor car is, it's rustler than most BXs and the suspension leaks catastrophically, but if anyone can save the thing for real, as opposed to for a TV audience, it's him. Possibly.

https://youtube.com/c/Number27
J