we buy any car.

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
rich.

we buy any car.

#1 Post by rich. » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:37 pm

they have been investigated for ripping off clients. now they should be prosecuted for fraud..

mr rusty
Location: Harlow, the birthplace of fibreoptic communication, as the town sign says.

Re: we buy any car.

#2 Post by mr rusty » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:41 pm

Investigated by who? trading standards? I haven't seen anything in the news. it would be nice to see firms like this looked at but i don't think they actually do anything unlawful, they just have a very good understanding of the mindset of the people they deal with.

As I see it, what they do is prey on the desperate to sell or the really gullible. The first lot need to raise money now this minute and the second lot don't bother to do any research first and just believe the tv adverts.

We buy any car are a business, not a charity- they flog them on through Carcraft supersites so need to pay the minimum possible to maximise the profits, they use sharp contracts and then sell warranties and finance on top. They're obviously not very nice people but I didn't think they were doing anything actually illegal or fraudulant.
1968 Triumph Vitesse Mk1 2 litre convertible, Junior Miss rusty has a 1989 998cc Mk2 Metro, Mrs Rusty has a modern common rail diesel thing.

DoloMIGHTY

#3 Post by DoloMIGHTY » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:16 pm

mr rusty wrote:Investigated by who? trading standards? I haven't seen anything in the news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12934140
An investigation into the company found that 96% of customers received less than the original website valuation.
The OFT also found that vehicle inspectors were set targets regarding the purchase of vehicles, sometimes to reduce the valuation offered by up to 25% when they looked at them.
Failing to assess customer complaints in a "fair, reasonable, consistent and professional manner"
Hopefully this will finally see off this lot!
Alan the First Forum Glitch!

TerryG

#4 Post by TerryG » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:21 pm

It looks like it has all happened already
The BBC wrote:The company has now put all the OFT's demands into place. It had updated its website, offering the choice of a faster approximate valuation or a more in-depth accurate valuation
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

Minxy

#5 Post by Minxy » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:47 am

What is with this country that when someone has a business idea that makes money they are immediately condemned by all the feckless faces that can’t be bothered to get of their asses and make money themselves. Bit like the gold buyers, again feckless lazy sods who just want to stuff things in an envelope and put it in the post box on their way to the off license or pizza shop and expect full price for it.
Not to long ago my nephew tried to sell his Astra coupe thingy – he tried for a couple of months with no joy, took it to We Buy and they gave him not short of what he was after.
Never play chess with a pigeon. It will knock all the pieces over, S*#t on the board and then strut around pretending it won.

alabbasi

#6 Post by alabbasi » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:35 pm

What's to investigate here? Someone called them and says that they need to sell their car. They offer to buy it for whatever they offer to buy it, the seller can take it or leave it.

JPB

#7 Post by JPB » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:58 pm

alabbasi wrote:What's to investigate here? Someone called them and says that they need to sell their car. They offer to buy it for whatever they offer to buy it, the seller can take it or leave it.
That's the principle, but the trouble was that they'd make an offer, which the seller would accept, then, once that seller had signed the paperwork, they'd hand over a sum of money below that which had been agreed. That was what got them into trouble.

But their sharp practice pales into insignificance when you hear their annoying jingle:

Listen at your peril... :evil:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

TriumphDriver

#8 Post by TriumphDriver » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:45 pm

DoloMIGHTY wrote: Hopefully this will finally see off this lot!
Awwwww. I liked the ad tune!!
"We buy any car! dot com! We buy any car! dot com! any any any any
We buy any car! dot com!!
My posts are for debate and discussion, I'm not The Oracle!

rich.

#9 Post by rich. » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:57 pm

TriumphDriver wrote:
:lol: :lol:

i think therapy is available

Mitsuru

#10 Post by Mitsuru » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:13 pm

rich. wrote:
TriumphDriver wrote:
:lol: :lol:

i think therapy is available
In this case therapy is mandatory, along with a straight jacket!!
oh and burn and ban the feckers!!
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!