windows tech support call

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
rich.

windows tech support call

#1 Post by rich. » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:18 am

just had a phone call from a christina from windows tech support.. this was very annoying as its very regular... so when she finished speaking i asked her what underwear she had on.. she got very cross & hung up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JPB

Re: windows tech support call

#2 Post by JPB » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:57 am

:? Rich, why would someone (claiming to be) from Microsoft be ringing you? Please tell me you haven't been giving this caller any bank details, security info such as passwords or any other information.
Unless of course they're after you for breaking the internet, in which case you have my deepest sympathy.

I don't use Windows or any other Microsoft product, OK, any Microsoft product that isn't Skype :oops: , but I've never heard of anyone from the large American organisation making personal calls to those who are Windoze victims. Maybe she was someone from a company you've used to supply glazing products for one of your building jobs?
Either way, I'm guessing that she was wearing white belly warmers with a colourful floral print, complemented by a whalebone corset straight out of the olden days and a pair of these modern stockings that remain in place with no external suspension medium.

:moon:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#3 Post by rich. » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:18 am

they seem to think i have broken microsoft... i didn't give any details... these people just annoy me, i was busy & have no time to talk to crooks, next i may tell them im hiding from the police/or put a horror film on for them to listen to...

GHT

#4 Post by GHT » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:53 pm

JPB wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:57 am
Either way, I'm guessing that she was wearing white belly warmers with a colourful floral print, complemented by a whalebone corset straight out of the olden days and a pair of these modern stockings that remain in place with no external suspension medium. :moon:
You nearly got it right.
christina.jpg
christina.jpg (163.32 KiB) Viewed 3907 times
My missus got the most plausible, believable email from the tax office telling her that she was due a £300 tax rebate. The smelly fish was that they told her to contact them by a given date or she would lose her rebate. You have seven years people to make contact, not forty eight hours. Furthermore, getting an exact amount like three hundred pounds has odds akin to winning the lottery.

I still reckon Rich busted the internet.

rich.

#5 Post by rich. » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:42 am

honest, i never touched it... :lol:

JPB

#6 Post by JPB » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:30 am

rich. wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:42 am
honest, i never touched it... :lol:
Well something put a smile on "its" face so if it wasn't you.. Ah! You meant the internet, sorry, my mistake. :P
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

gazza82

#7 Post by gazza82 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:57 pm

Yes, Windows or Microsoft Support called me several times and being a bit bored with work I decided to have some fun! :lol:

When they first rang I asked them which PC is was .. they said "The one I was using" .. I said I have four switched on .. Click!

"Is Windows Support actually Microsoft? " ... yes .... Oh don't want to talk to you as I don't have a proper licence! .. Click! (PS I do!)

"I didn't know Microsoft had an office in the Isle Of Man" ... I'm not calling from there .. "You are, I've just looked up your phone number and it .. " Click!

They rang again a few days later ... "it's odd Windows Support would be calling .. I use Linux on my PC .. " .. "What's Linux?" was their reply ... Click!

Next time, I simply pretended to be doing what they asked (and clicked the keyboard loudly and very slowly!) .. they said they couldn't see my machine and started to lose patience .. "Sorry, I type slowly with only two fingers" .. and "You still can't see my PC? Would that be my Firewall hardware is blocking you?" was my reply trying to sound niaive .. (and not laugh!) .. Click!

I got annoyed with the next one and asked them how I could tell they were who they say they were and that this wasn't one of those scams I read about in the papers .. She got abusive so I responded with "I bet your pardon? I suggest Windows Support needed to look at their staff training" .. Click!

"Do you think so? I think after working in IT as a software support engineer for over 30 years I would know if my laptop had a problem" .. Click!

And a combination of the above ..

I've read four people in UK have been arrested and charged .. wonder if that if why they haven't called me lately! :lol:
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Retirement Project: '59 Austin A35 2-door with 1330cc Midget engine and many upgrades
Said goodbye: got '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TSpark to 210K miles before tin worm struck

megadethmaniac

#8 Post by megadethmaniac » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:08 pm

I had a call from Talk Talk recently. Indian chap by the name of Douglas... Yea right.

You have a problem with you router..
Do I really?
Yes and I can log onto your PC to fix it as its running very slow.
Really?
So how is the router running slow?
Because it needs some updates to protect it against viruses?
But how can you tell its running slow?
Because we monitor all our routers.
What speeds it giving now I asked...
4mb he answered.
Thats funny I replied as the router is currently sitting in the garage in a box of electrical bits unconnected to anything power or telecoms based. So if its giving you any speed then thats a miracle.
Click

Didn`t tell he we moved away from TT 6 months ago