worst cars?

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
JPB

Re: worst cars?

#11 Post by JPB » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:10 pm

Didn't make it beyond the Hyundai Pony :drool: .. Pauses while GHT comes along and agrees that the name is probably appropriate for the car if you're Glaswegian and speak fluent rhyming slang.. :scared:
Will look at the rest later but that looks to me like a wishlist in the making.
:thumbs:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#12 Post by rich. » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:09 pm

JPB wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:10 pm
but that looks to me like a wishlist in the making.
:thumbs:
its not just me then? :?

JPB

#13 Post by JPB » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:21 pm

Hell no! Some very fine cars are there.

But hang about.. Isn't this an American list? Thought so, and that being the case, which utter pilchard came up with this bollocks:
The Reliant Robin was groundbreaking in one important way though. This car was the first in the world to have a body made entirely of fiberglass.
Quite apart from the much earlier Lotus Elite, a stressed GRP monocoque, was it not the case that the first few GRP bodied motors to make mass production were the Daimler SP250 and some American :roll: cars, such as the lovely Corvette and an even earlier example that the internet has found for me:
The Glasspar G2, manufactured by Bill Tritt in 1949, was the first sports car with an all GRP body built by an American manufacturer. It was built using methods that enjoyed a resurgence much later on, in the many kit and replica cars that appeared on the market. It used a Jeep chassis but one with a desirable extra in the shape of a highly modified V8 engine.
There's the expected dose of utter twaddle throughout the entire piece but really, when I found that the author, probably using his teeth to scratch the words on the padded walls of his special room, had included the Trabant in the list, I wanted to punch something but resisted the temptation in spite of this asspiece having written this:
the body of the car was recycled from used fiberglass
Now, forgive me if I'm wrong here, but according to every Trabant-related article I can find, the outer panels were made from a cotton-based phenolic resin known as Duroplast and these panels were non-structural, being attached to a steel structure.
So far, there's so much cobblers on one site that it could be mistaken for the Daily Mail, but there's more..

On the Triumph TR7:
Even all these years after the car was launched, it’s still mocked and ridiculed wherever it goes.
Not by me it isn't! I suspect that there's far more love than there is hatred for the 7 these days. The American is wrong. Again.

Hmm, Pontiac Aztec? Ugly? I think it has a nose like an Anteater and any car that resembles an animal can't be all bad.
Nope, the author of that list is definitely a total feckwit. I read every word of the piece and looked at all of the lovely motors so I stand by my "wish list" comment and that's that.

:|
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#14 Post by GHT » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:18 am

Definitely a case of the aesthetic appreciation gene missing it's target at conception. That's the above two comments not the worst car list.

rich.

#15 Post by rich. » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:29 am

looks like it was written by that bloke in the pub, you know the one, half of what he says is bull & the other half is all s##t.. ;)
ght, i do not know what you mean! :lol:

rich.

#16 Post by rich. » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:24 am

JPB

#17 Post by JPB » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:29 am

I want this:

I also wanted a Tata Nano so much that I set about finding a used one for sale in New Zealand but the lucky few who have an example of the best thing ever to come out of India aren't selling. Why head an article like that with an image of the tiny Indian device? It's a clean sheet design which is actually pretty darned good if the New Zealanders are telling the truth in their road tests on the Nano.

The Honda Fuya-Jo is surely the ideally proportioned vehicle for me, interior layout appears to be similar to that of the daily bB, it has lots of audio gear from the factory and it's a Japanese mini-MPV, ergo it won't go wrong. So now I need this too:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I'm loving this list! :thumbs:
J

GHT

#18 Post by GHT » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:19 pm

They do come up with some constipation curing designs in the Far East. This one had me reaching for the puke bowl.
MG Gross.jpg
MG Gross.jpg (81.55 KiB) Viewed 11757 times

JPB

#19 Post by JPB » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:14 pm

Sorry, GHT, but regardless of whether one likes the idea that the octagon is these days applied to foreign-built cars, that thing is stunning. Ideal for narrow parking spots too, what with the scissor action doors.

OK, so it's not in the same league as an orange Allegro 1750 SSS, but it would do the job.. :|
J

rich.

#20 Post by rich. » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:06 am

JPB wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:14 pm

OK, so it's not in the same league as an orange Allegro 1750 SSS, but it would do the job.. :|
allegro :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: allegro......

meanwhile up to my usual standards

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292175321193? ... rmvSB=true

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192243995340? ... rmvSB=true

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282561168535? ... rmvSB=true

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/fiat-900E-van ... 1837487807