worst cars?

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
JPB

Re: worst cars?

#31 Post by JPB » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:00 am

We all care. :) One thing concerns me though: why are the self tappers there? Should they not have been put back in the packet when the fitter realised that they'd been left over? This sloppy workmanship is putting me off having my repairable hip separated from itself and mended to provide some articulation there, I'd have assumed that the new component would be bonded to the remains of the original socket but could they not at least have ground the screws to a more elegant length? :?
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#32 Post by rich. » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:23 pm

ght, of course i care!! have you not noticed all those allegros & other fine bl tin that you seem to love :lol: :lol: :lol:
John, while im not a doctor, i am a builder & one thing i do appreciate a good fixing... i wouldn't want my leg held on by a bit of plastic..i have several friends/clients who have had hip replacements & they seem to be happy with theirs.. apart from one lovely old chap who had the ball joint pull out of its socket, although it was 20 years old..

JPB

#33 Post by JPB » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:57 pm

Hmm, my original, factory-supplied hip joints used to pop apart frequently prior to one new plastic one being fitted and the other (o/e) one becoming so short of smooth bearing surface that it won't bend nearly enough and only has a range of some 12 degrees these days. If I were a car, I'd be this one:

:lol:

Still, at least it didn't end up on its roof or under the sea! :twisted: :scared:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#34 Post by GHT » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:33 am

JPB wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:00 am
We all care. :) One thing concerns me though: why are the self tappers there? Should they not have been put back in the packet when the fitter realised that they'd been left over? This sloppy workmanship is putting me off having my repairable hip separated from itself and mended to provide some articulation there, I'd have assumed that the new component would be bonded to the remains of the original socket but could they not at least have ground the screws to a more elegant length? :?
It's hard to know if you are teasing John. The worn socket is ground down and a new socket cemented in, to hold it place the surgeon uses titanium screws, maybe he gets a good discount from Screwfix, The top of the femur is sawn off then the new insert is pushed into the bone marrow and is also cemented and screwed into place. That last procedure has to be measured accurately to the "enth" degree, or one leg will be longer than the other. I'm told it's done by a laser these days. It is a brutal operation, but once recovered the release from the constant pain makes it so worthwhile. Chances are, given that I'm arthritic, I made need the other one done some time in the future.

John, as I'm an old fart, my hip wouldn't resemble that Mondeo, I'm more................................
model A.jpg
model A.jpg (55.91 KiB) Viewed 13209 times

rich.

#35 Post by rich. » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:33 am

rich.

#36 Post by rich. » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:13 am

http://lolman.me/20-unusual-and-strange ... ressed-us/
i don't think they can count.. there are 38 :?

JPB

#37 Post by JPB » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:55 pm

:?: Rich, the title involves the words "More Than" 20 and I reckon that 38 is more, so they're right enough, if a little imprecise! :scared:
J

rich.

#38 Post by rich. » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:15 pm

http://lolman.ru/20-the-most-strange-ca ... ever-seen/
worth looking at for the prius woody :lol:

JPB

#39 Post by JPB » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:38 pm

I often use the words "woody" and Japanese car" in the same sentence. :P
J

rich.

#40 Post by rich. » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:57 am

tea all over the keyboard :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: