mobile phones.... again

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
TerryG

Re: mobile phones.... again

#41 Post by TerryG » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:37 pm

It will almost certainly use a standard micro USB charger so that's easy. Any modern Bluetooth hands free kit will work. It should have had a wired one in the box :)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

suffolkpete

#42 Post by suffolkpete » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:02 am

Turning on Bluetooth will shorten your battery life and turning on Wi-Fi will kill it in less than a day.
1974 Rover 2200 SC
1982 Matra Murena 1.6

rich.

#43 Post by rich. » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:13 am

battery lasted till yesterday afternoon with wifi switched on.. need it as at home there is no signal & we have a booster....still pleased & even more surprised i can use it :D

GHT

#44 Post by GHT » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:53 pm

You might think that I'm making it up when I say that technology baffles me, but I'm not. Not that I'm proud of it, far from it. I'm just about to go out. I have to go to the EE phone shop to buy credit because. A) I haven't a clue how to do it online, B) Buying credit at the ATM is a no no, because you only get Orange as a choice, and your money goes off into cyber space, C) I still don't know how to get online with my so called smart phone. I've only had it four years.
But four years is nothing compared to my ignorance of recording TV programs. Not since we had a VHS TV recorder have I ever been able to crack program recording. But, do you know, somehow I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything, other than not having a clue what a USB charger is, although I have heard the term Bluetooth. That's those hearing aids that people wear when they go round talking to themselves, isn't it?

JPB

#45 Post by JPB » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:25 pm

No, it's the injury that happens when someone flushes an aeroplane bog over land.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops: