mobile phones.... again

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
JPB

Re: mobile phones.... again

#31 Post by JPB » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:21 pm

EE is, as Pete said, owned by BT, but the EE network combines T Mobile's and Orange's former sites, Orange and T-Mobile are now part of EE's rapidly growing portfolio and no longer exist under their original names, which is why BT managed to vex the Monopolies commission as they effectively own everything now. Including Plusnet, who took on the old Vodafone Landline & broadband customers in 2008, meaning that now, even Vodafone's original customers would ultimately be handing across their monthly payments to BT, even though Plusnet are the ones providing the bills. All of that is why I'm an EE customer since last June after 24 years with Vodafone, whose heads have now vanished so far up their own backsides that they've found Shergar. Possibly.

I'm betting that there's far less of this corporate incest in that France! :lol:

But for all it vexes me that BT are getting my cash, EE provide unlimited calls, unlimited 4G (at around 80Mb down/30Mb up with a suitable handset) and unlimited SMS for £18 per month per SIM so Rich, you may find that EE can do that over there too and the rumours were right enough; the 3310 (more correctly the 3330 as the new retro Nokia has GPRS internet access, just like the original) is back, and this time the Snake plays in colour!

I can just see him now, rushing down to the supermarché with his wallet in his hand... ;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

gazza82

#32 Post by gazza82 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:47 pm

Try giffgaff .. for £10 a month (goodybag!) you get unlimited calls, unlimited texts and a pretty reasonable amount of data. It sits on the O2 network but is run by volunteers so no staffing costs, just the cost of the infrastructure. You also get free texts and free call between giffgaff users which is why I ended up on it .. my youngest son transferred to them when at Uni and it seemed the brightest thing to do for both my wife and mine!

(Could never got hold of him even so .. usual excuse was "battery was flat and left my charger at a mate's" .. mmmmm :roll:
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Retirement Project: '59 Austin A35 2-door with 1330cc Midget engine and many upgrades
Said goodbye: got '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TSpark to 210K miles before tin worm struck

TerryG

#33 Post by TerryG » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:29 pm

When my other half is "busy" and not answering her phone, I log in to the phone console at work, change my caller id to her mums home phone and give her a ring, she answers straight away.
You need to do the same trick but with a number he is guaranteed to answer like his gf.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

rich.

#34 Post by rich. » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:41 pm

quick update, france telecom is now orange :?
still no phone.... went to saumur, where there was once 3 orange shops & internets was saying that one was still open.. all closed :twisted: so went home & found the one in chinon was open so went up on tuesday.. was informed as we didn't have an id card (driving licence not allowed any more) so wifey is going back on thursday next week.. still it wasn't a waste of time, we stopped & had a rather nice meal here
http://www.lardoisechinon.com/
i ate & drank far too much.. but will be visiting again soon :D :D :D :D
still no phone though.. bloody orange :twisted:

JPB

#35 Post by JPB » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:37 pm

rich. wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:41 pm
Bloody orange :twisted:
:o

Racist! :lol: I can see it now, Dale Winton and David Dickinson marching round to your place and giving your backside a jolly good thrashing!
:scared:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#36 Post by rich. » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:12 pm

would rather they sent ms friel.. ;)

JPB

#37 Post by JPB » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:39 pm

Now there's a name I haven't seen on here for some time. I'm off to eBay shortly to see if I can buy Anna Friel on there. I expect the p&p would be steep though.
So did you buy a new phone then or what? I'd spend the money on rum, crunchy nut flakes and teabags but that's just me.
J

GHT

#38 Post by GHT » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:59 am

rich. wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:41 pm
bloody orange :twisted:
Attachments
Bloody Orange.jpg
Bloody Orange.jpg (61.18 KiB) Viewed 2996 times

rich.

#39 Post by rich. » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:41 am

JPB wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:39 pm
Now there's a name I haven't seen on here for some time. I'm off to eBay shortly to see if I can buy Anna Friel on there. I expect the p&p would be steep though.
So did you buy a new phone then or what? I'd spend the money on rum, crunchy nut flakes and teabags but that's just me.
wifeys going to sort it on thursday :D i wont be having the latest model, even with my contract they want 3/400 odd yoyo's :shock:

rich.

#40 Post by rich. » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:04 pm

I have a new phone! its a samsung something or other.. battery has lasted 4 days so far & i like the fact when i want to end a call a big red button pops up & hey presto job done :D :D :D when i use wifeys samsung phone i spend 5 minutes shouting at it & have left messages for people along the lines of stupid b###dy thing... most people ring me back asking for a translation & find it hilarious.. now need to get hands free kit & charger & i will be happy.. :D :D