isuzu

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
rich.

Re: isuzu

#11 Post by rich. » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:00 pm

Grumpy Northener wrote:
[update, i bought the renault/quote] Great stuff - Now can you just pop over to mine and load up with all the building rubble that has come out of the kitchen and take it to the tip :lol:
no problem, as long as your not in a hurry ;)

rich.

#12 Post by rich. » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:01 pm

JPB wrote:That Renault thingummyboab looks pretty decent for a builder's truck, don't forget that native French vehicles have the clutch pedal in the middle with the brake on the far right and the throttle is missing as that was borrowed by Belgium last June, but they still haven't negotiated terms for giving it back.
;)
funny lot the french :lol: :lol: :lol:

GHT

#13 Post by GHT » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:06 pm

rich. wrote:update, i bought the renault..
Stand by for tales of woe.

rich.

#14 Post by rich. » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:07 pm

GHT wrote:
don't say things like that mate, my clio has developed a fuel leak :(

GHT

#15 Post by GHT » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:43 pm

rich. wrote:don't say things like that mate, my clio has developed a fuel leak :(
How to locate a fuel leak. Take one box of matches, extract one match. Ignite match and drop into the pool of leaking fuel.
Where the explosion occurs, that's where the fuel was leaking.

rich.

#16 Post by rich. » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:49 am

sold my transit yesterday :( she was very very rusty....

TerryG

#17 Post by TerryG » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:22 pm

rich. wrote:transit
rich. wrote:very very rusty
They all are
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

arceye

#18 Post by arceye » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:25 pm

GHT wrote:
rich. wrote:don't say things like that mate, my clio has developed a fuel leak :(
How to locate a fuel leak. Take one box of matches, extract one match. Ignite match and drop into the pool of leaking fuel.
Where the explosion occurs, that's where the fuel was leaking.
Doesn't work on Renaults that, at least it didn't when I had a Renault 18 many moons ago and was living in a flat on the edge of a very dodgy council estate in Preston. Some nice lads kindly cut the fuel pipe one November the 5th and proceeded to throw many matches underneath the bugger.

The problem there was perhaps they had been too careful in nicking the tanks contents that they hadn't spilt enough to do any damage, or they were just not very good arsonists even though that seemed a particular skill for most locals. A shame really as it was a bit of a dog and the clutch was slipping but what really got my goat was the little barstewards cut 3 inch of pipe out rather than just splitting it so I had to spend a few pennies on more fuel line and this even involved walking to the local accessory shop. Generally a bad do all round :cry:

rich.

#19 Post by rich. » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:05 pm

GHT wrote:
well you will be pleased to hear, that after i had transferred the money yesterday with a view to picking it up saturday the guy rang me today & informed me that it will not be ready.. when the mechanic gave it a service & test run it started to slightly? overheat... they checked it out & the head gasket is going.... head has been removed & sent away for test... wtf do i do now? :?

suffolkpete

#20 Post by suffolkpete » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:15 pm

Go round and demand your money back. There is a whiff of scam about this. Don't know how French consumer law operates, but in UK you could reject it.
1974 Rover 2200 SC
1982 Matra Murena 1.6