car sos

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
rich.

car sos

#1 Post by rich. » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:10 pm

glad to see the new series is back! nice to see phil too :D

Grumpy Northener

Re: car sos

#2 Post by Grumpy Northener » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:29 pm

Whilst it is nice to see the new series and fully appreciating the hard effort put in by Fuzz & his team - BUT why ho why is the program ruined by the scripted sh*t that emits from the sidekick - what a load of cobblers - just like the scripted rubbish that a certain other classic car programs spew forth - why cant they just stick to the facts / tell the truth - it would be still be very watchable - case in point 'Chasing Classic Cars' - Wayne Carini - who presents as it is - honestly & with passion - if only the rest of the so called 'classic car programmes' could follow suit !
1937 Jowett 8 - Project - in less pieces than the Jupiter
1943 Jowett Stationary Engine
1952 Jowett Jupiter - In lots of peices http://Jowett.org/
1952 Jowett Javelin - Largely original
1973 Rover P6 V8 - Original / 22,000 miles

UKJeeper

#3 Post by UKJeeper » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:17 pm

'New' series?

harvey

#4 Post by harvey » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:18 pm

Grumpy Northener wrote:Whilst it is nice to see the new series and fully appreciating the hard effort put in by Fuzz & his team - BUT why ho why is the program ruined by the scripted sh*t that emits from the sidekick - what a load of cobblers - just like the scripted rubbish that a certain other classic car programs spew forth - why cant they just stick to the facts / tell the truth - it would be still be very watchable - case in point 'Chasing Classic Cars' - Wayne Carini - who presents as it is - honestly & with passion - if only the rest of the so called 'classic car programmes' could follow suit !
^^^+1 to that. ^^^
Currently over 35 years worth of fixing 35 boxes.
Hoping to reach 65 years worth of fixing 65 boxes.

gazza82

#5 Post by gazza82 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:25 pm

Since then Fuzz has left Westgate and started up a new business To-Ta Classics .. the new website http://www.to-ta.co.uk/ also has a big link to Car SOS .. :-)

Personally I'd like to see more restoration and less "blagging" .. when we all know it's staged and the suppliers have either already negotiated a healthy discount or use the publicity the programme generates ... Case in point: Jenvey "donating" a fuel injection set up for the Datsun 240Z .. and apparently stopping the "factory" to mould a set of ali intakes, etc ..
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Retirement Project: '59 Austin A35 2-door with 1330cc Midget engine and many upgrades
Said goodbye: got '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TSpark to 210K miles before tin worm struck

GHT

#6 Post by GHT » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:38 am

Grumpy Northener wrote:Whilst it is nice to see the new series and fully appreciating the hard effort put in by Fuzz & his team - BUT why ho why is the program ruined by the scripted sh*t that emits from the sidekick - what a load of cobblers - just like the scripted rubbish that a certain other classic car programs spew forth - why cant they just stick to the facts / tell the truth -
Well said Chris, it's for the very reason that you so succinctly explained that I just can't watch it. At least with the other program mentioned I can watch the repairs and then switch the sound off when the gobby front man appears.

Grumpy Northener

#7 Post by Grumpy Northener » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:20 am

GHT said -
'At least with the other program mentioned I can watch the repairs and then switch the sound off when the gobby front man appears'
Ah - it's good that you have worked out who / which programme that I am talking about ;)
1937 Jowett 8 - Project - in less pieces than the Jupiter
1943 Jowett Stationary Engine
1952 Jowett Jupiter - In lots of peices http://Jowett.org/
1952 Jowett Javelin - Largely original
1973 Rover P6 V8 - Original / 22,000 miles

Classic Microcars

#8 Post by Classic Microcars » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:23 am

There really should be a "like" button on the forum! I mute the sound whenever that Shaw idiot is let loose. If recorded, I can just skip the section. Surely Fuzz, being an intelligent and refined adult can see that such antics put people off? Maybe he doesn't have a choice but to accept it?

jpsh120

#9 Post by jpsh120 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:04 am

gazza82 wrote:Since then Fuzz has left Westgate and started up a new business To-Ta Classics .. the new website http://www.to-ta.co.uk/ also has a big link to Car SOS .. :-)

Personally I'd like to see more restoration and less "blagging" .. when we all know it's staged and the suppliers have either already negotiated a healthy discount or use the publicity the programme generates ... Case in point: Jenvey "donating" a fuel injection set up for the Datsun 240Z .. and apparently stopping the "factory" to mould a set of ali intakes, etc ..
Westgate classics was Fuzz's business wasn't it, so has he now shut it down?
1971 Sunbeam Rapier H120

gazza82

#10 Post by gazza82 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:59 am

No Westgate is still trading! He was in partnership with someone else at Westgate .. web sites been updated so I can't say .. so maybe he got them to buy him out. Whether they saw any of the Car-SOS revenue, I don't know. They won't know I guess.

To-Ta is also a partnership with Mike Tassell.. and a lot of those "blagged" suppliers are now "official" suppliers according to the website .. eg Aldridges the trimmers ... bet their work increased!
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Retirement Project: '59 Austin A35 2-door with 1330cc Midget engine and many upgrades
Said goodbye: got '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TSpark to 210K miles before tin worm struck