Bottoms

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
JPB

Bottoms

#1 Post by JPB » Thu May 26, 2016 10:33 pm

Yep, I thought that would grab your attention, though this is a serious point and one that confuses me. Here goes the neighbourhood:

Is the word beginning in a, ending in e and having rs in between offensive to anyone around here if it's used in, for example, this context:
Hmm, for that sort of cash I'd grab one of these late '90s Toyota Corolla 5 door hatches that have a gigantic arse and a surprised expression on their face. Toward the bottom end of the allotted budget range, you would buy a solid runner with no major mechanical issues and no serious rot, the top end would buy the best which, as those of you who've known me the longest can confirm, is a blue one with classic blues tunes playing on its cassette deck, though red is OK if you're a major shareholder in T-cut..
So someone posted that on a well-loved site that caters for those who prefer their cars mature. Imagine the shock the mystery person received when, after posting, his words had been got at and the affectionate, non gender-specific colloquialism replaced by a tiny image showing the head of what might have been either a dog or American cartoon character "Pedobear".
The poster faffed around, adding dummy code between the first two and the last two letters in the word, only to find himself being subjected to a warning and told by something called a "moderator" to mind his Ps and Qs. He checked, but the word didn't include either of these letters so, out of kindness, he pointed this out to this "moderator" only to be issued with a temporary ban from posting on that site.
That poster was quick to convert his try into a goal and used a word that succeeded in getting him banned properly. If a job's worth doing, etc.
We're all really lucky to have the use of this here forum, it sometimes takes the actions of pompous a**es elsewhere to make us realise how chilled we all are on Practically these days.

'That's all. :thumbs:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

Re: Bottoms

#2 Post by rich. » Fri May 27, 2016 6:17 am

i am too tired & its too early to understand.. can you post a link?? or use small words & speak slowly so i can understand :?

GHT

#3 Post by GHT » Fri May 27, 2016 6:35 am

If the man in the moon bent over would he be doing a moonie? Or should it be the moon's moon? Would it be offensive? Am I banned?
full moon.jpg
full moon.jpg (13.15 KiB) Viewed 2453 times

JPB

#4 Post by JPB » Fri May 27, 2016 7:14 am

rich. wrote:..can you post a link?..
Not from my current connection, no, because for some reason, I can't access the site in question from here. It's an old car site that isn't Autoshite, but the issue was finding that someone actually took the time to edit a post by replacing the word ar5e with an icon depicting Pedobear. I mean, why would anyone do that?
:lol:

GHT, I'm guessing that you've either mistaken the Xerox machine for the sunbed or used the wrong aftershave. Either way, you look like Boris Johnson.
:P
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#5 Post by GHT » Fri May 27, 2016 7:29 am

JPB wrote:GHT, I'm guessing that you've either mistaken the Xerox machine for the sunbed or used the wrong aftershave. Either way, you look like Boris Johnson.
You've seen Boris bending over? :shock:

JPB

#6 Post by JPB » Fri May 27, 2016 9:02 am

Bending over you say? :shock:
J

GHT

#7 Post by GHT » Fri May 27, 2016 1:35 pm

JPB wrote:Bending over you say? :shock:
How else does one do a moonie?

JPB

#8 Post by JPB » Fri May 27, 2016 9:14 pm

GHT wrote:..How else does one do a moonie?
:D
Well I would bash the sad, deluded soul over the head at one of these mass weddings that they're so fond of. There'd be so many people there that being identified as his assailant would carry a really low risk.
J

GHT

#9 Post by GHT » Sat May 28, 2016 12:49 pm

Anyone of this lot, in mind?