"classic" aircraft

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
TerryG

"classic" aircraft

#1 Post by TerryG » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:47 pm

A pilot with deep pockets!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PHcdn8R4d4

Prop planes are all well and good but the whine of a jet spooling up is incredible. VTOL FTW!
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

GHT

Re: "classic" aircraft

#2 Post by GHT » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:35 pm

It's not a question of props or jets. It's not even about the planes or pilots. It's all about The Marshalls. Keep watching, the first minue is a tad tedious, but then.................

rich.

#3 Post by rich. » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:04 pm

JPB

#4 Post by JPB » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:29 pm

What a fantastic toy. Tell us, Terry, is the Harrier covered under car entitlement for those of us who passed our test prior to the new system coming in? I bagged my car entitlement 35 years ago so I know I'm covered for 7 1/2 tonners but none of the wee icons on the card part of my licence shows a military aircraft so I'm not sure whether or not to keep an eye out for one of these at the local fleet auctions..

Rich, you crazy man! :lol: I sat right through that clip - of what I'm assuming was a French Land Rover Owners' Club meet :? - and sang along. That's the last time I'll be drinking Stella on an empty stomach.
:mrgreen:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops: