trimming chap?

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
rich.

trimming chap?

#1 Post by rich. » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:33 pm

hello chaps, does anyone remember the chap who was doing re timming of seats etc?

Classic Microcars

Re: trimming chap?

#2 Post by Classic Microcars » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:09 am

From where? I'm in Gloucester and some of my work is here: http://www.facebook.com/ReliantUpholstery which does not require signing up to access!

JPB

#3 Post by JPB » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:02 am

Rich, a quick forum search has given this result, from engine rebuilder turned professional upholstery man Karisma which I'm guessing is the thread you were after?

I had saved that thread for some reason.. :?

On the other hand, Karisma isn't anywhere to be seen now and Classic Microcars is rarely more than a day or two away, so you have what appears to be a choice of such stuff. Competition should keep the cost down..
;) :scared:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#4 Post by rich. » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:04 am

thanks chaps! im on a forum & a chap wants to fit leather seats to his transit & maybe a bit of a retrim.. i was wondering where he went..
mr microcars, i shall be in blighty for april & i will pop that radio in for you..

TerryG

#5 Post by TerryG » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:31 am

A full leather interior is an option on the Tourneo. Your friend just needs to find one in a breakers and pinch the front seats.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

JPB

#6 Post by JPB » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:44 am

Leather furniture in a van? :? Sounds about as necessary as an ashtray on a motorcycle but hey, to each their own. :|
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#7 Post by rich. » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:33 pm

JPB wrote:Leather furniture in a van? :? Sounds about as necessary as an ashtray on a motorcycle but hey, to each their own. :|
i'm just happy to have glass in the cab, seats that are comfy & a heater that works...

TerryG

#8 Post by TerryG » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:38 pm

The Tourneo is a transit based luxury 8-15 seat minibus. You can get individual cigarette lighters, a/c controls, etc. From memory, they are pretty comfortable places to be.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

GHT

#9 Post by GHT » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:08 pm

JPB wrote:Leather furniture in a van? :? Sounds about as necessary as an ashtray on a motorcycle but hey, to each their own. :|
Good grief, I would never have been able to get decent delivery drivers without all the gizmos. The Sprinter had just about everything including that wretched limp mode. Drivers need mollycoddling:
merc.jpg
merc.jpg (18.78 KiB) Viewed 1892 times

rich.

#10 Post by rich. » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:37 pm

my mate is a transport manager for a big company in the uk, he runs a lot of mercedes kit, & has a couple of sprinters with 800 000 miles on them..
i like mercedes commercials, just cant afford them