focus

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
rich.

Re: focus

#11 Post by rich. » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:19 am

apparently i was wrong.. here is the definition.. i did a search just for you mate ;)

http://smallbiztrends.com/2011/03/what-is-an-app.html

GHT

#12 Post by GHT » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:53 am

Thanks for that, although there's nothing there that I was ignorant of, I simply cannot fathom how to connect to the internet on my phone. Have to admit, however, I've not tried too hard, it might mean I join in with this looking into the phone screen every other minute, malarkey. One of the comments below the explanation summed up my feelings:
Just because I'm not tech savvy, doesn't make me an "e-tard."

TerryG

#13 Post by TerryG » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:23 am

To be fair, I don't think the Nokia 2110 supports mobile internet access
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

rich.

#14 Post by rich. » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:56 am

GHT wrote:Thanks for that, although there's nothing there that I was ignorant of, I simply cannot fathom how to connect to the internet on my phone. Have to admit, however, I've not tried too hard, it might mean I join in with this looking into the phone screen every other minute, malarkey. One of the comments below the explanation summed up my feelings:
Just because I'm not tech savvy, doesn't make me an "e-tard."
:lol: :lol: :lol: are you my secret twin? i really do not want internet on my phone either!

GHT

#15 Post by GHT » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:12 pm

TerryG wrote:To be fair, I don't think the Nokia 2110 supports mobile internet access
My first phone was similar, it was a 1996 Alcatel something or other. With the coming of the digital era, my analogue Alcatel was redundant. A couple of years ago, I met a rather geeky looking, but rather likable young fellow, working in our local post office. His knowledge of phones and computers knows no bounds. I mentioned the Alcatel, he asked if I still had it. On my next visit I took it to show him. He invited me to leave it with him. A week or so later, having momentarily forgotten about the phone, I stopped by the post office. A triumphant grin told me he had got it working. His explanation went over my head, but the up and down of it was, he had managed to come up with a piece of wizardry that now made the analogue phone, digital. The phone shares the same sim card as the Apple 4S, so I tend to use the Alcatel on a limited basis. But, you should see the jaw drop when the phone rings, (it's only got one bell tone, sounds like a loud landline,) I get the huge thing out of my pocket, pull out the aerial and say: "Hello!"
Alcatel.jpg
Alcatel.jpg (23.07 KiB) Viewed 2614 times

GHT

#16 Post by GHT » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:24 pm

rich. wrote:he has bought a 75k focus 1.8 diesel thing from a mate for about £1700..
Is this what everyone is wetting their pants over? I saw one in my supermarket car park, the burly image of the driver gave me second thoughts about photographing it. Had to admire the immaculate paint job, a metallic royal blue, it had an aerofoil on the bootlid with the letters RS something or other. And I thought: "Is that it?" I really must get that boy along to his optician.

rich.

#17 Post by rich. » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:16 pm

its sis in laws daily, brother drives either his works transit or my vdp princess :twisted: or one of his bl minis... i apreciate the helpful advice i get on this site :D

JPB

#18 Post by JPB » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:50 pm

rich. wrote:my vdp princess
So how come your bro has that? Is Hydrolastic illegal in France? :lol: I love a nice VDP 1300 auto, especially if its colour is that lovely Trafalgar Blue and its interior smells right.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

TerryG

#19 Post by TerryG » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:21 pm

Rich is a little bit more backward than that GHT. This is the reason he can't get internet access on his phone:

Mind you i'm amazed he has managed to get on to the forum when this is his computer:
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

GHT

#20 Post by GHT » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:39 pm

Nice phone,
candlestick.png
candlestick.png (16.99 KiB) Viewed 2593 times
Rich if that's your computer, check inside. Sometimes the wheel is spinning but the hamster is dead.