fire truck

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)

JPB

Re: fire truck

#2 Post by JPB » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:41 pm

:drool: Oof! It's 99% gorgeous and then comes the detail around the grille. What were they thinking? The glass back and the proportions of the thing are spot on, IMHO, but the front reminds me of one of those tribal folk who stay deep in the dark woods and have a plate in their lip, like this lovely lady:
Lovely, apart from the plate. What's that for? Same question to the fire appliance, whose designer was years ahead of their time. It also reminds me of the slug, a recently built performing arts venue down there on the Gateshead bank of the Tyne:
On second thoughts, that fire putter-outerer is the most lovely thing in the world, especially compared to a glass slug.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#3 Post by rich. » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:08 am

sorry john, when i am dictator all fire trucks will look like that... anyone found guilty of performing arts will be excecuted..

JPB

#4 Post by JPB » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:57 am

:lol:

Are there exemptions for those blessed with a performing arse? :?
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#5 Post by rich. » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:59 pm

GHT

#6 Post by GHT » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:42 pm

Youtube is telling me that the video is not available. :?
That 'Slug' building is even more hideous than the fire tender. What you need is a bit of people power.
In Bournemouth, a building that became known as: "The Imax" was built right on the sea front obscuring the sea views that people come from far and wide to enjoy. The wavy lines on the roof were said to be the representation of the waves crashing onto the shore. The building cost in excess of £8M it was pulled down ten years later.
imax.jpg
imax.jpg (68.81 KiB) Viewed 2384 times
I won't pass judgement on the fire tender, although you can probably guess, if you promise not to call it out if you see a Fiat Multipla or Ford Scorpio on fire. Let 'em burn.

rich.

#7 Post by rich. » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:09 am

have i broken youtube? :oops:
it should have been kevin bloody wilson & that classic song mick the master farter..