new top gear sneek peak

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
Mitsuru

new top gear sneek peak

#1 Post by Mitsuru » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:49 am

An amateur drone pilot was stunned to find the sports cars he was filming were being driven by the new presenters of Top Gear against a gorgeous scenic backdrop in Scotland.

https://www.facebook.com/TELEGRAPH.CO.U ... 648649749/
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

GHT

Re: new top gear sneek peak

#2 Post by GHT » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:40 am

I'll pass on the sneak peek if that's ok. The only thing that I can think of that's worse than Clarkson is Evans. Makes me want to stick hat pins in my eyeballs.

TerryG

#3 Post by TerryG » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:58 am

Clarkson's top gear was getting boring and repetitive (some of the specials were worth watching for the scenery alone). I can't listen to breakfast on radio 2 because Chris Evans is so annoying, I can't imagine he will tone it down for Top Gear so I don't think i'll be wasting my time watching it.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

Luxobarge

#4 Post by Luxobarge » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:22 am

TerryG wrote:Clarkson's top gear was getting boring and repetitive (some of the specials were worth watching for the scenery alone). I can't listen to breakfast on radio 2 because Chris Evans is so annoying, I can't imagine he will tone it down for Top Gear so I don't think i'll be wasting my time watching it.
Couldn't have put it better myself - I agree with every word of that.

That'll be two of us with lins in our eyes while this program is on!
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

rich.

#5 Post by rich. » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:34 am

make that 3..i cannot stand him..

JPB

#6 Post by JPB » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:11 am

4... :lol:

I'll stick with Clarkson, Hammond and May, courtesy of couchtuner.eu :oops: Amazon. For motoring-related entertainment, I prefer the excellent (but why, oh why is it always on at stupid o' clock?) Motorbike show, new series starting this coming Spring on ITV4, plus anything on Motors TV (Freeview channel 240) and the Red Bull channel (accessed through the App menu on Android & WebOS television sets). And there's always 5th Gear, but that's looking more & more like TG, circa 2005, without the funny bits.
:(
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#7 Post by rich. » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:38 pm

i stopped watching tg after the india special.. it was just embarrassing...

GHT

#8 Post by GHT » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:01 pm

JPB wrote: Motors TV (Freeview channel 240) and the Red Bull channel (accessed through the App menu on Android & WebOS television sets)
Come again? That sounds like one of the scripts of the late Stanley Unwin.

gazza82

#9 Post by gazza82 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:48 pm

I fear I will wear out the Mute button on my TV remote very quickly once CE starts spouting ...
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Retirement Project: '59 Austin A35 2-door with 1330cc Midget engine and many upgrades
Said goodbye: got '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TSpark to 210K miles before tin worm struck

JPB

#10 Post by JPB » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:43 pm

GHT wrote:
JPB wrote: Motors TV (Freeview channel 240) and the Red Bull channel (accessed through the App menu on Android & WebOS television sets)
Come again? That sounds like one of the scripts of the late Stanley Unwin.
Motors TV is accessed via something called a television set. These television sets can be used to look at moving images provided by something called Freeview. Freeview assigns a short, numerical identifier to each of the individual sources of these images a.k.a. channels, sides, stations, etc. That identifier, in the case of Motors TV, is 240. Typing in the numerals 2, 4 and 0 with your remote control device will connect you to moving images of cars, usually 1970s Fords being driven rapidly into walls at various rural locations across the water in the Emerald Isle.
As for the suggestion that I was speaking Unwinese, sure & I couldn't hope to compete with your skill in that form of communication? :lol: ;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops: