renault 4

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
rich.

renault 4

#1 Post by rich. » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:50 pm

found this, im not sure if they are going ahead with the project..
http://www.dazeroa100.fr/photos-le-lege ... au-design/

JPB

Re: renault 4

#2 Post by JPB » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:05 pm

:shock: Erm, I shouldn't like that but, apart from the pointless rear quarter pane that R3s and very early 4s didn't have in any case, I do! It looks especially good in the yellow, IMHO. :thumbs:
Stay tuned for the next thrilling episode of "I did go to Specsavers, perhaps they're to blame"..
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#3 Post by rich. » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:15 pm

possibly your new daily so you can put the corolla in the garage to protect it from reckless clio owners (me)

JPB

#4 Post by JPB » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:54 pm

:lol: Nae chance! Unless of course Renault would be supplying the proposed new R4 with built in beds, liquorice flavoured steering wheels and onboard shower cubicles. I haven't had a car with a shower since I owned my Thames Trader though technically, that wasn't a car.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#5 Post by rich. » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:40 am

my transit had an in cab shower every time it rained.. i soon fixed that!

GHT

#6 Post by GHT » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:46 pm

JPB wrote::shock: Erm, I shouldn't like that but.
Stop! Say no more, your brain is telling you something. It is French, it is Renault. Says it all.
JPB wrote:I haven't had a car with a shower since I owned my Thames Trader though technically, that wasn't a car.
My old Thames Trader took me and the missus on our honeymoon, the van/car, whatever you call it, behaved mechanically, although that column change, three speed gearbox was something of a lucky dip, but of all the luck, the old Ford had a tyre blowout. Thank goodness I checked the spare before starting out.

JPB

#7 Post by JPB » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:40 pm

I lived in mine for a few months back in the late eighties. It was a horsebox originally, so had a very useful ramp which meant that after a day at work, I could drive straight into the back of the truck and keep my old moped where I could see it from my bed/pool table that was at the front of the box, just behind the truck's cab. Originally, the mattress was "upstairs" in the gull section of the body, but I got home late one night after attending a particularly strange party, tried to climb up to my bed and ended up pulling the mattress down onto the pool table which, it turned out, made a darned fine bed base - complete with six cup holders. So from that point forth, my pool table became my bed and the gull section of the body became an observation deck and a most useful place in which to hide the obligatory dead tramps.
J

rich.

#8 Post by rich. » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:21 am

can we have pics of these old trucks please?
:drool:

GHT

#9 Post by GHT » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:11 pm

My mistake, the Thames Trader was a seven and a half ton truck, I was thinking of the Thames van, the model before the introduction of the Transit.You can see the Thames van here.The first three pictures are all Thames models.

JPB

#10 Post by JPB » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:16 pm

rich. wrote:can we have pics of these old trucks please?
:drool:
Mine was utterly bogging, minging and not very nice to look at! I owned it before digital cameras became available to civilians, but it looked a lot like this one:

It was unreliable, hopelessly addicted to ether and dangerously slow but... and this is where you expect me to say that we loved it really, well we didn't. The only vehicle worse than this that I ever had the misfortune to own was my VW Camper, an early loaf with no rust but it smelt, was almost as slow as the Ford, was chronically uncomfortable and cramped. The shagged out Trader was far, far nicer to drive than the camper and at least it smelt of horses rather than festival toilets, gangrene and vomit.
:evil:
J