links

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
rich.

links

#1 Post by rich. » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:09 am

one for the mods i think, as its not an official forum are we allowed to post links to our own enterprises?

Luxobarge

Re: links

#2 Post by Luxobarge » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:16 am

It's a fair question Rich - we'll get back to you!

Cheers :D
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

rich.

#3 Post by rich. » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:55 pm

thanks luxo..im not asking for myself, but i know others on the old forum were reprimanded for doing this. it was a bit of a shame as some were quite interesting....although if any one needs a builder :D

Luxobarge

#4 Post by Luxobarge » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:05 pm

OK, as you know on the old forum commercial advertising and links were not allowed at all, because of the connection with the magazine etc. and I know this upset a few who didn't understand/respect the position of the magazine on this.

However, this is an independant forum now isn't it, so yeah, why not?

However - can we limit this please to appropriate commercial links in signatures only - please don't put them in the main body of a post or thread unless it's specifically to guide someone in the direction of a supplier/organisation that's relevant - for example putting in a link to www.frost.co.uk is fine to show someone where they can buy something of course, but we want to prevent people from joining just to peddle stuff and promote their businesses, (which happened a lot on the old forum) so let's keep it appropriate eh?

Hope that makes sense and is acceptable?

Cheers! :D
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

rich.

#5 Post by rich. » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:25 pm

thanks! a good decision, like i said it wasn't for my benifit but for others who join with small buisnesses (did i get that right?). id rather support someone on here, than spend money with someone else..

Mitsuru

#6 Post by Mitsuru » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:05 am

rich. wrote:thanks! a good decision, like i said it wasn't for my benifit but for others who join with small buisnesses (did i get that right?). id rather support someone on here, than spend money with someone else..
I know I posted details of a friendly mechanic (family owner and run firm)
http://www.practicallyclassics.co.uk/vi ... p?f=6&t=40

Could we have a thread/section for recommended garages to use,
ones which we know we won't get ripped off at?
Stating what they have had expeirence of working on?
it might be helpful for those, who find them selves in part of the country,
they don't know!
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

Luxobarge

#7 Post by Luxobarge » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:46 am

Mitsuru wrote:Could we have a thread/section for recommended garages to use,
ones which we know we won't get ripped off at?
Sure - start one if you want!

If it works, we can make it a sticky maybe?

Cheers! :D

admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by admin » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:10 am

Great idea - i like the classic friendly garages thread. Let's do it.