Cheap Roll Cab Tool Boxes

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
eddypeck

Cheap Roll Cab Tool Boxes

#1 Post by eddypeck » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:23 am

I've been looking for a decent free standing roll cab tool box for a while now. I know the Halfords Professional ones seem to be pretty good and they regularly have combination deals with them as they do right now with 5 drawer toll cab, 7 drawer top box and a portable box all for £250.

...but in comparison I've been looking at the US Pro and similar ones on eBay at around the £150 mark.

Just wondered if anyone had experience of these and had any thoughts or opinions. Cheers :thumbs:
1986 VW Golf GTi, 1988 VW Golf GTi, 1993 BMW e30 318i Touring Lux

tractorman

Re: Cheap Roll Cab Tool Boxes

#2 Post by tractorman » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:13 pm

I have some US Pro stuff and it is typical middle of the range quality - they work well enough for me but may not be great for daily use in a busy workshop. I'd put the firm on par with Machine Mart and Halfords for quality: not Snap-On quality, but nowhere near as bad as some of the bendable spanners and screwdrivers that some traders sell! The bits I've bought have been bought at various tractor and car shows, where bigger firms have stands. That may suggest cheap rubbish, but these bigger firms can be contacted if there are problems - not the sort that trade off a tarpaulin and a car trailer!

eddypeck

Re: Cheap Roll Cab Tool Boxes

#3 Post by eddypeck » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:33 pm

tractorman wrote:bendable spanners and screwdrivers
:lol: I know what you mean, got a few of those.
1986 VW Golf GTi, 1988 VW Golf GTi, 1993 BMW e30 318i Touring Lux