IP address problem. Message to Forum Administrator

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
tractorman

Re: IP address problem. Message to Forum Administrator

#21 Post by tractorman » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:04 pm

rich. wrote: briggs engines are just shite & always have been :evil:
Yes and no - they are known as "throw away engines", but I've seen some that were over thirty years old and still running. Some you couldn't tell were B&S due to the oil and dust covering being an inch thick...

OTOH, I have a Honda mower that is a PITA. It has an automatic choke on it that rarely lets the engine run properly before I've half-filled the box and it eats spark plugs and air filters! I had a Victa before that, with a two stroke Kirky Lausen engine (a badge-engineered Aspera/Tecumesh engine) that always started on the first pull (until the recoil kept tightening up) and, while a bit noisy, it cut grass as soon as it was running - I could shut the manual choke off by the time I'd got four or five yards to the lawn. I won't mention the Villiers engine on the rotavator - it was a second hand machine when Father bought it in about 1963 and it will usually start easily if the points are clean and the timing hasn't slipped!

zipgun

#22 Post by zipgun » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:49 pm

I want / need an Aspera 3hp for a gardenmaster 80 .

I misread the topic as

" address I.C. problem..." and it's snapped the camshaft so i'm not off topic ...

Still "permanantly banned" everytime i try to login though :roll:

rich.

#23 Post by rich. » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:19 am

:lol: :lol: