Playing Truant

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
GHT

Re: Playing Truant

#21 Post by GHT » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:07 am

Grumpy Northener wrote:Hi all - hope you are all well - time continues to march forth and it is just 12 months since I took the bold leap of faith of self employment - it has it's downsides
Chris
Hi Chris, yes, look forward to meeting again in September. Here's a tip to you, and anyone else running their own business. If you ever get a serious bad debt, a wave of panic can ensue, but with help and the experience of others, you can recover. Print Movers, a Kodak owned company, went pop when digital cameras became popular, previously, they were the company that developed the 35mm film that we would drop off at The Chemist or photographer's shop. My company did all the collecting and delivering for them throughout the Solent area. They took me for ten grand. Years later, City-Link, the parcel company, went belly up and took me for eight grand. My brother, also my business partner, and I, not only survived, but learned of ways to recover much of the losses.
We'll have a chat at the revival, so glad that you are busy, but don't let it control you, I know how these things can just grow like Topsy.
Robert.

JPB

#22 Post by JPB » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:07 pm

Hello Chris, good to see you posting again. Could employing someone to help spread the workload be a solution to your business needs? The very fact that you're in this extremely busy situation says that the service you provide is well regarded by your clients, maybe you could build on that most effectively by taking on some suitably skilled staff to share the load.
Here's wishing you continued success.
:thumbs:

John.

rich.

#23 Post by rich. » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:48 am

i have been following your posts on facebook, you have been doing some great work. :thumbs: