clio diesel

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
gazza82

Re: clio diesel

#71 Post by gazza82 » Fri May 13, 2016 11:34 am

Rich

I use a Sealey unit on our Clio diesel .. it's compatible with Peugeot and Citroen's .. seems to work OK on our 2004 model but I do get some funny faults like air conditioning pressure switch and brake switch. I'm more inclined to believe the faults on the EGR valve and glow plug circuit though!
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Retirement Project: '59 Austin A35 2-door with 1330cc Midget engine and many upgrades
Said goodbye: got '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TSpark to 210K miles before tin worm struck

TerryG

#72 Post by TerryG » Fri May 13, 2016 12:58 pm

Have you had chance to test your reader on a different car yet rich?
My cheapo Bluetooth reader works just fine with a 2007 1.5 DCi clio. If you had a smartphone one of those may be the way to go.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

rich.

#73 Post by rich. » Sat May 14, 2016 6:59 am

i still haven't tried it on another car yet.. i will try this weekend :D

GHT

#74 Post by GHT » Sat May 14, 2016 8:57 am

Being the old fart that I am, computers and cars are not a match made in heaven, but: The engine management light came on in my Merc Sprinter. The garage that looks after the MG has the necessary diagnostic plug in. I can't remember the terminology that he used but it sounded something like a capacitor. The long and short of it freaked me out. There's no type of manual connector between the accelerator pedal and the fuel injector. It's a sensor that the computer reads. First thing I asked, after how much, was: Is it the same for the brakes? "Not yet." he replied. The word yet made me shiver. By the way, if you have a Merc that needs a capacitor, keep four hundred quid handy. FFS.

rich.

#75 Post by rich. » Sat May 14, 2016 11:23 am

JPB wrote:
rich. wrote:....

you assume correctly, best ask terry :oops: :oops: :oops:
its what happens when i type autolink obdii & can reader into google images :oops: :?
OK, so I tried that image search and found page after page of pictures of code readers. Google in the UK no longer allows the sex fiend :oops: user to disable safe search but I'm told that this isn't the case in all locations.
However, my default search engine is DuckDuckGo and it does allow the setting to be lifted. I'm now off to buy some eye bleach..
:|

What's 47 Yoyos in Pounds these days? Sounds like lots and to put that into context, the petrol tank on my daily ride won't take any more than £37.42 to brim it, even when the warning lamp has been on for the previous 40 miles, so either Clios have massive fuel tanks or you've been driving a large commercial vehicle that someone told you was a Clio..
:lol:
47 yoyo works out at about 42 litres of diesel....
as for the obd reader :oops: i took clio out this morning & was a pleasant ride through the countryside.. wish i changed the bearings before.. wifey has now claimed it & im left with the galaxy class cruiser which is full of kids stuff.. nice old bus but..

GHT

#76 Post by GHT » Sat May 14, 2016 4:17 pm

Given that you can get 1.27 yoyos for a pound it means that Rich is paying the same for nine and a quarter gallons as we pay for eleven.

JPB

#77 Post by JPB » Sat May 14, 2016 6:56 pm

GHT wrote:Given that you can get 1.27 yoyos for a pound it means that Rich is paying the same for nine and a quarter gallons as we pay for eleven.
Schadenfreude is such an unattractive quality and I usually manage not to express such a thing, but.. :lol: :P :lol: :P ;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#78 Post by rich. » Tue May 17, 2016 9:55 pm

meanwhile... i tested the gadget on the galaxy & it seems to be working... i will get my mechanic mate to have a look at it :D

TerryG

#79 Post by TerryG » Tue May 17, 2016 10:24 pm

It is possible the OBDII socket in the car is faulty / disabled. If you have a friendly mechanic that can test it for you that would be the next step. SWMBO's daily has keyless entry and can have a new key programmed with the correct OBDII gadget so I have a dummy with power in the factory location and the real one hidden.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

rich.

#80 Post by rich. » Wed May 18, 2016 12:05 pm

when i bought the car the heater plug light was showing.. our former mechanic was working on the galaxy & he reset it for me & said i need to change the plugs... i did that months ago.. :?