clio diesel

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
rich.

Re: clio diesel

#41 Post by rich. » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:21 pm

JPB

#42 Post by JPB » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:00 pm

A little drool just escaped at the sight of that first item at €100. Sadly, mine wasn't that overpriced, distinctly average sounding modern "Philips in its Sunday best" era B&O :shock: ;) . It was one of these:

(Image shamelessly proffed from the Radiomuseum.org archive, thanks to US-based member Tytsun Sorbalch).
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#43 Post by rich. » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:18 pm

nice! ive got an old valve radio here somwhere ill have to post a pic :D

rich.

#44 Post by rich. » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:35 am

just recieved a nasty letter from dvla about taxing the clio :twisted:

JPB

#45 Post by JPB » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:48 am

rich. wrote:just recieved a nasty letter from dvla about taxing the clio :twisted:
The bastridges! Wouldn't you think they'd have better things to do than chasing innocent people all the way to France? Boo, hiss, sod the lot of 'em! :lol:

May I ask what was nasty about the letter? Do they want you to pay for something? Does the Renault's number plate really belong with a Scania truck? Are the DVLA asking whether there's a dead body in the boot and asking for extra if there is?
And why can they not spend maybe a few seconds at some point to reinstate the motorcycle entitlement that they lost when my licence was in to have points added at some time in the 1990s?

Tell you what mate, we should storm the DVLA building. Bring your trebuchet.. :twisted:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#46 Post by rich. » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:18 am

its been a while but i have changed the headlights & got the french mot on the car this week. i shall be off to the prefecture in angers to register it soon :D i love my little clio, 75mpg has already saved me the price i paid for the car :D although it does need a pair of tyres & a new set of rear wheelbearingswhich are not worn but are making a lot of noise... at the moment i just turn the radio up :lol:

Luxobarge

#47 Post by Luxobarge » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:01 am

rich. wrote:set of rear wheelbearingswhich are not worn but are making a lot of noise... :
It's one or the other mate, not both. Either they are not worn, OR they are making a lot of noise.....

Get them changed, if a wheel bearing breaks up while you're travelling it can cause an awful lot of paperwork.
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

rich.

#48 Post by rich. » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:59 pm

there is no play in the bearings but they are making a noise.. i will be changing them anyway, just not this month :D

JPB

#49 Post by JPB » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:50 pm

Rich, can you upload a recording of the noise so that we are able to listen for ourselves and then advise you not to use the car before you've burned it and disposed of the remains in a river fitted a fresh pair of bearings.
If you can't be arsed uploading to youtube then posting a link, maybe you could manage to get a decent photo of the noise instead?
J

rich.

#50 Post by rich. » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:46 pm

:lol: i will try... :lol: