clio diesel

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
rich.

clio diesel

#1 Post by rich. » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:30 am

bought the car yesterday, its in good condition & drives ok... the brake discs were quite rusty & 2 hour drive home they were tested well.. radio isnt working but thats because the battery has been changed & code is lost/not put in.. my only concern is there is a warning light on the dash which he assured me the sensor had been replaced but the computer hadnt been reset? i will get the local chap to have a look...when driving it seems like driving a mini with the top steady bar bushes worn out.. it taxed & mot'd until september so i might just run it & break it for spares later.. i will post pics later :lol:

rich.

Re: clio diesel

#2 Post by rich. » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:37 am

found out the cure for engine movement :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9xklH2OGMk

TerryG

#3 Post by TerryG » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:49 am

I found a better solution
http://youtu.be/WOdZkSdNKSM?t=1m28s
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

rich.

#4 Post by rich. » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:18 am

thanks mate.. thats so helpful :lol: :lol: :lol:

TerryG

#5 Post by TerryG » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:07 am

You can probably just bung an OBDII reader on the car and hit the big "clear codes" button. That will normally get a check engine light to go out assuming the problem is fixed. Take it for a spin and if the light comes on again either the seller is telling porkies or he changed the wrong part. If the light comes back on check the diagnosis of the seller by looking up the codes displayed on the OBDII reader.

JPB

#6 Post by JPB » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:41 am

TerryG wrote:I found a better solution
http://youtu.be/WOdZkSdNKSM?t=1m28s
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That pan - in the O/S/R where battery leakage has probably been responsible - was goosed anyway, yet the number of whining muppets who posted their complaints about cruelty to Beetles would almost have you believe that the thing was concours. Bloody hippies, put a few of them through that shredder and see how they take to it! :twisted:

Rich, you bought a modern car and now you're paying the price. :lol: A spot of black duck tape over the offending warning lamp will sort this and the tape should do the job for that engine mount too. Simples!
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

TerryG

#7 Post by TerryG » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:27 am

If duck tape can fix this:
http://youtu.be/SFbfhuJyjAE?t=8m44s
Then an engine mount and check engine light should be cake.

JPB

#8 Post by JPB » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:54 am

:shock: Uh-oh, someone put secret cameras in my office again! :lol:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#9 Post by rich. » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:54 am

thanks for your help chaps :lol: need to get a cheap reader now..i wanted a classic but thats out of my budget, i didnt pay a great deal for the car, a lhd one would have cost about €2800.. money i dont have..mock me if you must but its a 2001 car so will it be a classic :lol: :lol: :lol:

JPB

#10 Post by JPB » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:57 am

:? Eh? You're saying that having the steering wheel on the wrong side increases the car's value? Hmm, how much would a LHD dash, pedal box, steering rack, etc. cost and what might the job time be to convert? I see money for old rope there mate. ;)
J