Wheeler Dealers

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
TerryG

Re: Wheeler Dealers

#11 Post by TerryG » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:29 pm

I saw that too. It's amazing how casual the bloke was about it. Odds on that car will fail it's next MOT and end up on the bay with no reserve.
The MX5 wasn't looking much better although the owner had paid to have some rust "repaired" (bodge patched) and it wasn't even close to the correct colour plus her radiator had no coolant in it!
The Jeep had no MOT, bent front springs and knackered ball joints
911 Targa was owned by a company that does track days and was being repaired in house when Ed went to visit but it still looked good.

It's amazing how little some people care about their cars!
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

kamilb1998

#12 Post by kamilb1998 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:47 pm

Wheeler Dealers Series 8 launches on Discovery and Discovery HD on April 5th 2011!

Here are the cars and the dates they will be on your TV:
*Jaguar E-Type on 5th April
*Mini Moke on 12th April
*Range Rover on 19th April
*Frogeye Sprite on 26th April
*Saab on 3th May
Discovery Channel is available on Sky Channels: 520, 521 and 549 or on Virgin Media: 212 and 213.

Taken from here...http://www.wheelerdealer.com/2011/03/21 ... dealers-8/
Kamil

What are dreams for, if not to come true?
1988 Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign 3.6

JPB

#13 Post by JPB » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:02 pm

No dishes allowed here and no cable (or mains gas, though you may not need that :D ) in this village, so thanks for the suggestion to look at these on youtube, where, currently, there appears to be but the one episode available. :(
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

TerryG

#14 Post by TerryG » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:49 pm

When I bung "Wheeler Dealers" in to youtube i get lots of episodes come up. Having just checked them one by one the entire last series is there for viewing.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

P3steve

#15 Post by P3steve » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:22 pm

Not really any thing to do with this but my son who is in the army sat next to Mike Brewer on a helicopter in Afghanistan (not the one you see in the tv series where they get shot at) and said he was an ok guy to talk to and was quite happy to "ruff it" with the lads out there.

JPB

#16 Post by JPB » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:43 pm

At last! I've just found a way to see episodes other than Part 1 of the MX5 job on youtube.
It seems that Android only lets me download and save youtube clips that are available in the States, so by searching for them on the PC, I'm now happily looking through the hours of old episodes I was able to download by means of that device'
I've also installed Opera on the tablet so that too can now access all things WD-related.

I still feel an overwhelming urge to thump Brewer though, even though I don't doubt that he's a really decent bloke underneath all of that telly borst.
:oops:

Hmm, leaving the dashboard in place during grinding and welding to the screen pillar? :shock: Have a word with yourself, Edd.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Mattcortes

#17 Post by Mattcortes » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:33 pm

I also love the way they don't factor in things like an MOT or the costs of collecting the car! The Jag was miles away and at best would have cost £100 to get him and his car there plus drive the Jag back. And most sundry costs like oil etc appear to be free lol. Still wont miss an episode though.

Also is it just me or is Ed the worlds cleanest mechanic who whenever Mike turns up never has as much as a dirty mark on his top? Strange.
Matt
1962 Triumph Herald 1200 Coupe
1970 Triumph Herald 1360 Convertible
1978 Reliant Scimitar SS1
1986 Mini City
1990 Mini Equinox
1969 Hillman Imp
1969 Morris Minor 1000
Scarab Formula Vee race car
5x racing karts, Rotax, pro, 100cc and gearbox.

DoloMIGHTY

#18 Post by DoloMIGHTY » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:30 pm

Funny thing with that Jag was all the brightwork was very pitted, yet Mike insisted that he was going to ask "top draw money" for it as it was a "top draw motor" (or something like that).

Still it was an entertaining show, though I swear every new series Edd gets a little taller and Mike gets a little fatter! :shock:
Alan the First Forum Glitch!

mr rusty
Location: Harlow, the birthplace of fibreoptic communication, as the town sign says.

#19 Post by mr rusty » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:26 pm

It's entertaining but in a Top Gear sort of way, in that we know most of the sellers and buyers aren't all they appear to be- they're often members of the production team. Paul brackley, listed as 'technical advisor' sometimes sells them on through ebay after a staged 'sale' on the show.

I think they get a lot of pre show prep too, as they are always clean underneath, none of the usual 20 odd years worth of accumulated grime and oil when Ed starts fiddling......the nuts and bolts always come undone as well! ;)
1968 Triumph Vitesse Mk1 2 litre convertible, Junior Miss rusty has a 1989 998cc Mk2 Metro, Mrs Rusty has a modern common rail diesel thing.

JPB

#20 Post by JPB » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:19 pm

DoloMIGHTY wrote:I swear every new series Edd gets a little taller and Mike gets a little fatter!
:D

J