You missed out Neil....

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
Oldcarnut

You missed out Neil....

#1 Post by Oldcarnut » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:54 pm

Neil, you missed out on an opportunity of either going on it yourself, although maybe you might not fit the criteria (yet) :D for going on the BBC show "Celebrity Mastermind".You could possibly have gave your vast knowledge of the subject matter.TV presenter Alex Riley (very apt surname :geek: ) went on that show and won it for his knowledge of Triumph TR sportscars.

Ken Dodd also did well too.That girl Lizzy Yarnold could have done more research or at least have an interest on her subject, "The Archers" though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... -episode-2

JPB

Re: You missed out Neil....

#2 Post by JPB » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:25 pm

I was well impressed by Ken Dodd's performance, especially as I was sure he'd been dead since 2009. Fortunately, I was thinking of someone else and the famous jam butty mine owner from Knotty Ash looked pretty good for his age as well as showing thae youngsters the way to answer questions: Less slowly!
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops: