Micksgarage.com

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
Fatbloke

Micksgarage.com

#1 Post by Fatbloke » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:11 pm

Hi,

Looking for parts for my daughters Daewoo, I came across www.micksgarage.com. I also noticed that they do classic parts as well.

Has anyone used them? are they any good?
Mike.

A Fatbloke in a Herald

SirTainleyBarking

Re: Micksgarage.com

#2 Post by SirTainleyBarking » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:57 pm

I got some spares for the missus's Mazda 323 BJ. It's a 1.3, ex motability job, so quite rare compared to the usual 1.5/1.6

Seem to be well priced and the bits were good quality, so I'd use them again.

They even sent a (small) free bag of Haribo's in the order which I didn't get to eat as I have kids.
Landrovers and Welding go together like Bread and Butter. And in the wet they are about as structurally sound

Biting. It's like kissing except there's a winner

Fatbloke

#3 Post by Fatbloke » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:33 am

Thanks. I'll give them a go then.
Mike.

A Fatbloke in a Herald

JPB

#4 Post by JPB » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:49 pm

I've just used these for some bits for the daily drive (1990 Toyota Corolla AE92 1600 Liftback) and they provided a quick service, good value and all parts as required with no quality issues nor any need to send anything back and shout at someone. So definitely a promising first encounter then!

They do the Dupli Colour aerosols too, 300ml cans are £14 at Halfords', from Mick's they came in at £6 each and are a good enough match that I can avoid doing the bumpers above the trim rebate as well as below, where some black plastic was starting to show through.
The distributor cap and rotor arm are decent quality, like O/E parts but in plain boxes and at a fifth of O/E price from the Toyota dealer, the oil pressure switch is O/E too and was about a third of the dealer price and the kit of O/E vacuum hoses that go between the gearbox, inlet manifold, carb body and dashboard were better than O/E at - again - one third of the O/E cost.

But they didn't send me any sweeties! :cry:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

sierra3dr

#5 Post by sierra3dr » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:14 am

Just looked under ford,and there's a marque called Great Wall https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Wall_Motors

Never heard of them

JPB

#6 Post by JPB » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:47 am

:shock: That's a new one on me too. The Pegasus looks a bit like the bastard child of an old Frontera and a recent Land Cruiser with detail work by Dacia!
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

sierra3dr

#7 Post by sierra3dr » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:43 pm

most cars now are imbreds. GW are using Mitsuee (can't spell it) engines

EricTheRed

#8 Post by EricTheRed » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:11 pm

JPB wrote::shock: That's a new one on me too. The Pegasus looks a bit like the bastard child of an old Frontera and a recent Land Cruiser with detail work by Dacia!
How can anyone resist owning a vehicle called a "Wingle"? :lol: