Drive Time!

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
Mitsuru

Drive Time!

#1 Post by Mitsuru » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:20 am

A journey is not just getting to a destination,
but how you get there and the journey it's self!

Once in a while people don't look at the instruction
manuals or road maps.
They just go for it! and if there are no time
constraints they enjoy the journey more.

Every once in a while I throw that sat nav out
of the car same with the maps and just go for
a drive in the dales and moors of Yorkshire

When was the last time you did the same?
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

Martin Evans

Re: Drive Time!

#2 Post by Martin Evans » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:07 am

It's how I do it every time, as I don't have SAT NAV (I've seen enough 38 ton lorries being sent down to the narrow river bridge near the shop :roll: ). I have used Mapquest as a guide but I know that too can get it wrong (For example sending you up a dirt road).
Last edited by Martin Evans on Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rules exist for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

MG Midget 1500, MGB GT V8, Morris Minor Traveller 1275, MG Midget 1275 & too many bicycles.

TriumphDriver

Re: Drive Time!

#3 Post by TriumphDriver » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:15 am

I'm lucky in that I have a choice of four or five roads home from work, so I can vary the journey for a bit of interest factor until I hit the last three miles. As I work shifts I can leave home early and stop for a coffee before clocking in, and similarly on the way home I often have empty roads in the late evening or early morning. I used to drive the Herald convertible home at 3am with the top down. I'm probably the opposite of most classic owners; I drive them on more working days than days off, as on weekends I'm usually under them or replacing bits. I also enjoy the drive to shows - you get there, park up and think "what now?"... and then the drive home again... there's nothing like a leisurely time-to-kill drive in your classic. I suspect to some extent that this is why I prefer my Herald over my GT6 - there's less of a sense of hurry. more time to think and more time to enjoy the road and the drive.
My posts are for debate and discussion, I'm not The Oracle!