breakdown truck

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
rich.

Re: breakdown truck

#2511 Post by rich. » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:34 am

i want to know who craig is??

JPB

#2512 Post by JPB » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:37 pm

I dunno, but for 24 years he was living next door to Alice.. Alice? Who The F*** is Alice? :scared:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

JPB

#2514 Post by JPB » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:15 am

:shock: How much could one annoy the driver of a split new supercar with that mildly modified G-Wiz? Lots, but mainly because the driver of the new supercar would be drowning in wee, on account of their laughing so hard at the thing. I love stuff like that, quite a few kittens are out there with bike engines, as are minis and even the odd mobility scooter, but the G-Wiz is possibly the most wonderfully ironic of the lot. Looking at the interior shots, I'm wondering whether anyone over 3 feet tall could actually fit inside, but imagine how much fun could be had by making the mad machine into a radio controlled device, which could be "driven" by the passenger in another car, on a track of course, 'cos we wouldn't want to encourage the breaking of the law, speaking of which, I'd love to know how it obtained an MOT certificate. Unless, of course, the hydraulics connected to the parking brake lever were hidden for the test.. ;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

JPB

#2516 Post by JPB » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:28 am

:drool: :drool: :drool: @ Both the classic American wagon and the Caddy-based motor home but I found an ALLEGRO (Seriously, I did..) motorhome on the 'bay. It's a clever thing as the amount of space it contains would probably house three late, 1.5HLSs in Vermillion with vinyl roof and black velour trim, oof! I just got quite excited by the thought of these Allegros, but how could anyone hack BL's finest (insert pause here so that when GHT comes along to offer the usual clinical concern regarding my taste in motors and whether the therapy has started to work yet, he'll be able to use this as a datum for the end of the quote..) :mrgreen:

Oh aye, that Allegro motorhome, I think it may have been somewhat slow if it was based around an 1100 Deluxe, with its "quartic" steering wheel, that lovely vinyl that burns your bum if you drive naked in summer and the cute rump, so cute that if it were human, she'd be called Lorraine Pascal. :drool: :drool: :drool:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tiffen-Allegr ... 0005.m1851

:moon:
J

GHT

#2517 Post by GHT » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:28 pm

Ha, I've seen it. They were parked close by one year at Twinwood. There's just one small problem with it, apart from it's name. Parking it, you need a football field.

On a different note, this absolutely made my day:
rich. wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:40 pm
i once owned a metro.. a hateful piece of s###e... even the day i dragged it to the crusher was a disaster.

megadethmaniac

#2518 Post by megadethmaniac » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:06 pm

looks a bit like the folk that were at Brooklands yesterday....

rich.

#2519 Post by rich. » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:52 am

JPB

#2520 Post by JPB » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:31 am

:shock: Rich, you do realise that you posted a link to an actual breakdown truck, don't you? :lol: :o
Shame about the roof chop but it's quite an interesting thing all the same.
J