breakdown truck

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
Dick

Re: breakdown truck

#2881 Post by Dick » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:49 am

John has broken the internet 🤣🤣
Its a masrati v6 tabl, 83 honda accord automatic and a Renault 12 Gordon lookylikey...

JPB

#2882 Post by JPB » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:18 pm

:| Yeah, that must be it. ;) (Longwinded explanation - about how facebook intrudes into all of our lives, even if our VPN causes them to target our computers with listings for things that are for sale in a small island near to the African coast - was written but it sent me to sleep so I missed that out. Summarising it though; eBay staff are a shower of nosy badstarts who should be hunted down one by one and publicly spanked jolly firmly on their behinds).
:evil:

:idea: Don't suppose you kept a picture of the R12 by any chance, pretty please with brass bells on. :scared:

And here is a clean link to an actual breakdown-related vehicle that I found appealing and thought may fit this thread:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-43-Vanguar ... SwWxxeLDKO
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: I'm quite tempted, so jump in sharpish unless you want the poor wee van to be stripped of its AA livery and turned into another once ubiquitous sort of Supervan III, complete with inflatable ladies and faux leopard seat covers. I kid you not, I would do it.. :oops:

I love that the mirrors have been targeted by the small scale kids, just as used to happen with the full sized van and the full sized local children, that's the sort of attention to detail that makes Vanguards models so desirable to the collector who's run out of places to put full sized cars.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Dick

#2883 Post by Dick » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:29 pm

Links working for French internet.. must be because of the brexit nonsense
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 334388955/
:lol:

JPB

#2884 Post by JPB » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:07 am

Hmm, France seems appealing, if only because I'd be able to view your links if I was there. I've taken a screen grab to illustrate what comes up when I click the link:

That's probably as comprehensive a selection of fine, pre-owned automobiles from the 21st century as you'd find anywhere - that light blue, Automatic Corsa must be cheap enough at £795 if it's a straight one - and Manchester's a very characterful and interesting city, but if Brexit has done this, I shall be writing a stiff letter to Her Majesty the Queen and asking her to mend the internet.. Or declare war on Facebook. :evil:

eBay links should work, if posted in their original form, across the entire world, maybe eBay will yield more material? :|
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Atodini

#2885 Post by Atodini » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:35 am

No brass bells I'm afraid.....

"Rich Dick's" links always seem to work for me.......

John
"I thought I was wrong once - But I was wrong"...

JPB

#2886 Post by JPB » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:03 am

Hmm, cheers John, under all of that 1980s bodykit may be a really sound 12, but whether I browse with or without my VPN in use, the random UK facebook links are all that appear if I click on Rich-Dick's links. Then I considered that my facebook container** boundary settings may be a bit too strict, but it wasn't even active so I'm fine with the idea that facebook and I are simply destined not to get on. :|
Oh well, sounds like an excuse for a road trip! Does anyone know whether there's eight and a half feet of headroom in that train that goes under the sea? I'm guessing that there is.
:twisted:

**- Facebook Container prevents facebook's tracking cookies from following the user all over the internet, without preventing DuckDuckGo's or any other necessary cookies from going about their far less sneaky business. But it's not doing this as I hadn't activated it after the most recent browser update so yes, Rich, I may well have broken the internet but hey, if I have then I'm in good company mate! :P

Meanwhile, here's another actual breakdown-related vehicle for your delectation. Unlike an electric vehicle operated by the AsDa, whose main purpose involves delactation, and we don't want to cry over spilt milk.. Ah'll get me coat. :oops:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Bedf ... SwBTleMitt

Looking at how intact the seat covering is, that 40000 miles could possibly be genuine? Either way, it's LEZ compliant. Can't comment on that as it wouldn't be an issue out here in the wilds of nowhere near bloody Manchester :x but CFs are pretty rare these days and that one could work for its keep and be taken to shows.

Win? I think so.
J

Dick

#2887 Post by Dick » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:35 am

Nice find John! I had a cf tipper with a tilting cab like on proper lorries... it wasn't supposed to do that though :lol:
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/1983-Lada-1200 ... noapp=true

JPB

#2888 Post by JPB » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:12 am

That's incredibly well presented! Reminds me of my 1984 1500 Kombi, which was a lighter blue with darker blue "go faster" stripes, same friendly "face" though, and although an FSO 125P drives so much better (lighter steering, discs all round, entertaining, rather than safely boring handling and an actual Fiat engine, albeit not the twin cam unit as found in Italian 125s (and the Lada-shaped 124), I would still revisit my blue estate which, until I accepted Toyotas into my life in the manner of a newly indoctrinated God botherer, had quite the hottest heater I had ever found in a motor vehicle, even hotter in fact, than the dashboard furnace that came with each of my 140 series Volvos, and the grey 144DL even had a sauna, though this was due to a slight leak from the quarter pane seals in the front doors.

I find myself strangely drawn to the pleasant pastel shade on that saloon. Fortunately, I have a cast iron excuse for not having another Lada of that type; the pedals always required my feet to be clear of the floor in order to drive the thing and these days, that would mean that I'd have to add a few inches to the floor height to give my heel somewhere to rest while the toes did the pedal work, but if it weren't for that, and the fact that one of those pedals is there to operate a clutch, I'd be having a daft wee shot at buying that one.
Go for it, Rich, you know you need some Lada in your life, though it would be advisable to have your own breakdown vehicle if that is as reliable as neither my 1500 Kombi nor an orange 1500 saloon ever were for me. :lol:
J

GHT

#2890 Post by GHT » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:33 pm

An Acty, seriously? You need to get some therapy.
The wheels aren't big enough for what I had in mind.
rick.jpg
rick.jpg (57.1 KiB) Viewed 2131 times