breakdown truck

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
JPB

Re: breakdown truck

#2501 Post by JPB » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:45 am

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

^^^ These are for each and every one of the bus & classic Citroen assortment. The GSA and the purer GS that preceded it are among my favourite Citroens, they're usefully lively, utterly bonkers as a Citroen should be and possibly as practical a classic as you'd find anywhere outside of a field full of Maxis.

And as for the Duck brand tape, I'm ordering a couple of rolls of that in a couple of different styles for various wholesome, completely legal hobby-related reasons.

:oops:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#2502 Post by GHT » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:00 pm

Smelling salts at the ready:
allegro (1).jpg
allegro (1).jpg (89.18 KiB) Viewed 2688 times

rich.

#2503 Post by rich. » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:30 pm

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
i think im in love...

GHT

#2505 Post by GHT » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:16 pm

rich. wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:30 pm
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
i think im in love...
There's no hope for some.

JPB

#2507 Post by JPB » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:58 am

:shock: That Ford/Morris crossbreed is actually quite interesting, but really, Rich, you went onto Craigslist?!? I responded to an ad on there when I was looking to hire a cleaner, following the rapid decline of the standards practised by the previous domestic support person. I now have an absolutely lovely new friend with many common interests and a love of similar music who comes round to do some deep cleaning and then allows herself to be put off by my constant talking, so we end up saying "f*** the housework, let's drink more tea" and have a really pleasant few hours in each other's company. It was my fault that the work took too long so, being the reasonable geezer that I am, I give her the right money anyway as the therapy was worth every penny of it, and I can always buy another cleaner. Craig's bloody list did that! I both love and hate the site, but mostly I'm scared of it. Just stay away from "personal services" mate, that way lies eternal damnation!
Hahaha, Craigslist eh, ya mucky wee pup!
;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#2508 Post by rich. » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:08 pm

JPB wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:58 am
I now have an absolutely lovely new friend with many common interests

;)
you old dog you!! ;) ;) ;)

JPB

#2509 Post by JPB » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:34 pm

Yeah. Woof woof! :scared:
J

GHT

#2510 Post by GHT » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:32 am

JPB wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:58 am
:shock: That Ford/Morris crossbreed is actually quite interesting, but really, Rich, you went onto Craigslist?!? I responded to an ad on there when I was looking to hire a cleaner, following the rapid decline of the standards practised by the previous domestic support person. I now have an absolutely lovely new friend with many common interests and a love of similar music who comes round to do some deep cleaning and then allows herself to be put off by my constant talking, so we end up saying "f*** the housework, let's drink more tea" and have a really pleasant few hours in each other's company. It was my fault that the work took too long so, being the reasonable geezer that I am, I give her the right money anyway as the therapy was worth every penny of it, and I can always buy another cleaner. Craig's bloody list did that! I both love and hate the site, but mostly I'm scared of it. Just stay away from "personal services" mate, that way lies eternal damnation!
Hahaha, Craigslist eh, ya mucky wee pup!
;)
You mention a Ford/Morris crossbreed. Old MG's with low gearing benefit from adapting a Sierra gearbox. Upping the ratios doesn't half give the old car a boost. But, like all things, it makes me wonder who first squeezed a cow's tit and thought: "I'm going to drink that!" Who would think of an old MG, "You know what? I'm going to fit a Sierra
gearbox to that."

I haven't a clue what Craigslist is, a sort of bucket list of things to do before you die perhaps. But I am impressed that you have yourself a cleaning fairy. We have one too, we also have an ironing fairy and a gardening fairy or as it's a husband/wife team, fairies.