breakdown truck

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
GHT

Re: breakdown truck

#2731 Post by GHT » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:56 pm

JPB wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:20 am
I want the Land Rover's seller to move in next to me! :thumbs:
You actually like that? Where's your imagination?
pick up.jpg
pick up.jpg (109.84 KiB) Viewed 2799 times

rich.

#2732 Post by rich. » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:27 pm

JPB wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:20 am
I want the Land Rover's seller to move in next to me! :thumbs:
are your present neighbours that bad?? :lol: :lol:

JPB

#2733 Post by JPB » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:47 pm

They closest ones are great, but the one on the other side used to get his boiler suit on whenever I'd get in about at a car and within half an hour, he'd have done enough free labouring to allow me to go off and do something more interesting. The old fella passed recently and the ones there now are liable to call the council if I so much as lift the bonnet of the bB to fill its pw bottle up or, most recently, to fill the reservoir with the "valve saver" stuff that causes dirty great clouds of white smoke to wind the miserable badstarts up :evil: oops, sorry, is injected when running on propane, as a method of preventing valve seat recession.. ;)
OK, so the Disco isn't to my taste, but I could definitely work with the utter lunatic that created the thing!

He wouldn't be the sort of bloke to moan at me, not when his own motoring needs appear so complex. :thumbs:

GHT, I like that truck, but don't like the potential tyre costs that come with it.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#2734 Post by rich. » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:33 am

JPB

#2736 Post by JPB » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:01 am

An MOT tester, in 2015, referring to that Victor, wrote:Advisory notice item(s)
vehicle has had extensive repairs too underside most parts have either been filled with filler or undersealed to a manner in which it is impossible to assess properly
both front seat mounting pionts require stronger mountings
Woof woof! "Filled with filler?" No, really? I'd have used dried animal faeces, it's the eco-friendly way to fake up a car.

It's possible that a tester who could write sense may have arrived at the same conclusion, but either way there may be better examples out there and the K&N is the least of its problems, though if the "turd" mentioned in the listing's words were to open their eyes, they would see that it's breathing to atmosphere. Connect that hose to the stub on the baseplate of the filter and it might run properly. I apologise if the seller has already tried that only to find that it makes matters worse but, rare car though it is, you're best off having one where the structural repairs have been done by a welder rather than a sculptor.
That car is about to make a nonsense of the new test exemption thing. Buy that and you're officially nuts! :lol:

Someone took ages to apply all of the stickers to that Focus, so maybe they applied equally high standards to its maintenance? I see that it appeared in a magazine article, but that there's nothing to indicate which magazine it was. I'm thinking maybe Mental Health Matters or Farmers' Weekly? But hey, if that's your style then fair enough, it may even be worth more than a similar car that hasn't been covered in crap. I guess we'll never know. :|

When I looked at the CA yesterday, he had listed it as a Morris van, presumably a result of being too impatient to read the name "Morrison" all the way to its conclusion when he read it on the badge that tells the onlooker who builds these particular bodies? Now it's a copy of a Bedford CA. WTF? A copy? OK, so on the DVLA's database it doesn't exist, but it looks like a van that needs some finishing touches, rather than a copy of such a thing. What is it with eBay sellers these days, can they not write sense or do they simply prefer not to?

It's a sad day when a modern hatchback covered in random decals is the least bad of the day's available forms of transport. ;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#2737 Post by rich. » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:28 pm

JPB wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:01 am
It's a sad day when a modern hatchback covered in random decals is the least bad of the day's available forms of transport. ;)
i try to keeps to my usual high standards but today i have excelled myself! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

suffolkpete

#2738 Post by suffolkpete » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:46 pm

JPB wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:01 am

That car is about to make a nonsense of the new test exemption thing. Buy that and you're officially nuts! :lol:
On the contrary, I think it's a demonstration of how ineffective the MoT is.
1974 Rover 2200 SC
1982 Matra Murena 1.6

GHT

#2739 Post by GHT » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:28 am

JPB wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:47 pm
GHT, I like that truck, but don't like the potential tyre costs that come with it.
How about one with smaller wheels?
mini pick up.jpg
mini pick up.jpg (72.81 KiB) Viewed 2735 times