breakdown truck

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
GHT

Re:

#2641 Post by GHT » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:02 pm

JPB wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:01 am
Talking of desirable residences created from retired hearses, I like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mk-3-1991-Fo ... SwQN5aWLil
I like its price less than I like the vehicle, but that must be a typo.. I'd have it at £750! Or would if I fell out with my lovely neighbours. :lol:
(Quietly makes a note of John's address in order not to come within a hundred miles of it.)

rich.

Re: breakdown truck

#2642 Post by rich. » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:12 pm

i quite fancy that one too.. i posted it a few days ago :lol: go on john buy it, & park out front of ghts house :idea:

JPB

#2643 Post by JPB » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:37 pm

rich. wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:12 pm
.. i posted it a few days ago :lol: go on john buy it, & park out front of ghts house :idea:
Sorry, it must have stuck in my mind after seeing your reference to it, yet I had forgotten. :oops: Once I hit 53, my memory went west I'm afraid. :(
I don't know how I'd get anywhere near to GHT's house, I think that the court order is still active and the police would surely come... :lol:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#2644 Post by rich. » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:24 am

thanks for my laugh of the day! :lol: :lol: :lol:

rich.

#2645 Post by rich. » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:40 am

john, you know you need these in your life
https://www.etsy.com/fr/listing/5500317 ... 2f283b6b1a

JPB

#2646 Post by JPB » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:06 pm

Uh-oh! Rich, you bad man! Would you have me spend money on more automobile-related paraphernalia that I probably don't need, but one of these would potentially enable me (finally!) to destroy the sis-in-law beast's "Wicked Willy" mug and provide her with a most acceptable replacement from which to drink her Horlicks on her (decreasingly frequent :D ) vists to my place.
I would choose this one for her:

And this for me:

It changes from plain black to the WD40 livery when filled with hot liquid, so maybe she could have that one too, full of actual boiling WD40 ideally!
:twisted:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#2647 Post by rich. » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:17 pm

i know you have a slight drink problem , but hot wd40?? you need to see a mechanic ;)

JPB

#2648 Post by JPB » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:58 pm

:lol:
It tastes a lot like being kissed by a slobbery dog that's only just finished a long motorcycle ride, but believe me when I say that WD40 has more right to call itself a refreshing beverage than to call itself a penetrating fluid!

Please fellow forum folk, do not drink WD40, it's probably not a good idea and my earlier description of the taste is based on {accidental) experience. I would, however, give H some as a joke, because she once had me drinking something far less pleasant without realising what it was. Let us just say that she told me it was out of date Lucozade**..
:sick:

But I actually found you another breakdown vehicle and it's a wee belter too, none of that rusty Transit nonsense here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PHOTO-THAMES ... SwO9JZ6wpl
Only problem that I'm seeing there is that buying a photo of something is probably less logical than taking a photo of it for yourself. :?

**- It was in fact out of date DIET Lucozade, an altogether more sinister substance than the sugary original type.
J

suffolkpete

#2649 Post by suffolkpete » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:10 pm

JPB wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:58 pm
:lol:
It tastes a lot like being kissed by a slobbery dog that's only just finished a long motorcycle ride, but believe me when I say that WD40 has more right to call itself a refreshing beverage than to call itself a penetrating fluid!

Please fellow forum folk, do not drink WD40, it's probably not a good idea and my earlier description of the taste is based on {accidental) experience. I would, however, give H some as a joke, because she once had me drinking something far less pleasant without realising what it was. Let us just say that she told me it was out of date Lucozade**..
:sick:

But I actually found you another breakdown vehicle and it's a wee belter too, none of that rusty Transit nonsense here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PHOTO-THAMES ... SwO9JZ6wpl
Only problem that I'm seeing there is that buying a photo of something is probably less logical than taking a photo of it for yourself. :?

**- It was in fact out of date DIET Lucozade, an altogether more sinister substance than the sugary original type.
Can't even get the make right, it's a Thornycroft
1974 Rover 2200 SC
1982 Matra Murena 1.6