breakdown truck

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
Dick

Re: breakdown truck

#3051 Post by Dick » Mon May 25, 2020 12:12 pm

This week's prize is a set of roadside wheel trims.. to collect your set all you have to do is stop and pick up the first four you find and fit to your chosen transport.

JPB

#3052 Post by JPB » Mon May 25, 2020 10:32 pm

Hmm.. Would two odd wheel trims, a bin lid and a badly chewed Frisbee count? :( If yes, then welcome to my world! :lol:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Dick

#3053 Post by Dick » Tue May 26, 2020 7:44 pm

Yes! I hope to see photos of your prize fixed to the dicsovery.. 🤣

Dick

#3054 Post by Dick » Sun May 31, 2020 5:47 am

JPB

#3055 Post by JPB » Sun May 31, 2020 7:56 am

Err,OK, but why woody do that? :oops: It's akin to painting a moustache on Mona Lisa's face, IMHO. :?

Because the facebook link didn't need my neighbour's sign in details to be readable to this anti-FB, (pro-feeding Zuckerberg through a wood chipper :twisted: ) person, I had a look at the whole list of rather more local used bargains that appeared under the listing for the Horizon. I found a much cheaper, more tasteful alternative to the abused (and always underrated) mid sized hatchback. My one of these broke yesterday and the parts will take a month to get here from the Untied Crates of America, so I contacted the person selling this: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 1822427991 :drool: and I'm having a nice drive out around the city bypass this afternoon to pick it up, where three hefty chaps are apparently going pop it in the back door (of the van..) for me - subject to the physical distancing thing of course - so thanks for putting the link up, it has saved the potential wastage of 30 Kg + of my favourite chilled and frozen foodstuffs..
And it's cheaper to run than the Horizon. Win! I still loathe facebook and am heartily worried for its dozens of users globally though, and grateful to that neighbour for sending the message. :oops: :lol:

:idea: How the hell I'm getting that out when I get home is still a mystery at this stage.. :lol:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Dick

#3056 Post by Dick » Sun May 31, 2020 6:51 pm

Well how did you get on with the fridge thing?

GHT

#3057 Post by GHT » Sun May 31, 2020 9:38 pm

Dick wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:12 pm
This week's prize is a set of roadside wheel trims.. to collect your set all you have to do is stop and pick up the first four you find and fit to your chosen transport.
Wheel trims? As in hub caps? On my MG there's an octagon badge in the centre. Two of the badges have a deep red background, the other two have black. Red was the original colour, but you know, you can't go and see the classic cars without going home with a souvenir.
Has the Mona Lisa been in lockdown? I remember a school teacher, she must have been at least a hundred in the shade, she had some tache.

JPB

#3058 Post by JPB » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:42 am

Dick wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 6:51 pm
Well how did you get on with the fridge thing?
I failed! I would have turned up as I really don't like to make an arrangement only to let someone down :oops: , but this bloody voluntary driving thing got in the way (I'm ok with it really, it provides endless entertainment) and I ran out of time. So I borrowed some space in my neighbour's chest freezer for the frozen stuff and put the chilled things in the van's fridge, which is still running now from the leisure batteries though I have plugged the van into the mains and when the batteries are too low to continue, the mains will kick in, so the theory goes! :oops:
Meanwhile, I've given in to temptation and have bought a new fridge freezer from AO, which is being delivered tomorrow. The old one will be fixed at sometime and can then be a backup unit for the next time we have a worldwide spate of panic buying.
J

Dick

#3059 Post by Dick » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:52 am

GHT

#3060 Post by GHT » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:32 am

Did you read the write-up?
Here’s my beloved 1982 “caprinada” Hearse and I mean. Well… look at it. Christ sake what was I thinking? Seriously what was going through my balding head? Truth be told I only bought it to annoy the wife and since she’s done a runner with the kids so I’d say mission accomplished wouldn’t you.