breakdown truck

Got something to say, but it's not classic related? Here's the place to discuss. Also includes the once ever-so-popular word association thread... (although we've had to start from scratch with it - sorry!)
rich.

Re: breakdown truck

#2471 Post by rich. » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:45 am

thanks chaps.. ill wait for the lawnmower fairy to pass again :lol:

meanwhile when was the last time you saw one of these?? :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Proton-13-GL- ... 3641.l6368

JPB

#2472 Post by JPB » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:12 am

Last Thursday, I'd have taken a photo if I'd thought this a particularly unusual occurrence. :oops: The one I saw is a local car that's in everyday use and is battered but seems free of rot and doesn't smoke or make any really offensive noises. Its driver usually goes to the shops on a Thursday so I'll go hunting tomorrow during after work.
:D

These have an anti-clockwise engine, like the ones found in Hondas, so there's a potentially useful Proton-related fact for you. :|
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#2473 Post by rich. » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:18 pm

you saw one thursday? i thought they were all gone..
meanwhile
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Anglia-T ... 2545959801

JPB

#2474 Post by JPB » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Yes, I saw that Anglia on the 'bay a while back, I wondered why any rare Ford wouldn't have been snapped up by now, especially as it looks pretty decent. Then I realised; it's as ugly as the ugly thing that just passed an ugliness course with distinctions in every module. Now I'm going to hide in the basement 'til the angry mob of Ford apologists has dispersed.
Maybe it's less ugly in the flesh? I mean, our favourite star of TV and film (La Friel) only looks that fit because her makeup artist is an expert with the body filler & chicken wire. Don't take my word for this though, I found a rare candid photo of our Anna, just about to have her portion of fruit before she'd been into the makeup workshop:

True dat.. :scared:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#2475 Post by rich. » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:12 pm

sorry john i may have to correct you but thats a pic of my ex mother in law.. i have to say the daughter was almost as good looking :)

JPB

#2476 Post by JPB » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:17 pm

:lol: :sick:
J

GHT

#2478 Post by GHT » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:28 am

JPB wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:02 pm
Yes, I saw that Anglia on the 'bay a while back, I wondered why any rare Ford wouldn't have been snapped up by now, especially as it looks pretty decent. Then I realised; it's as ugly as the ugly thing that just passed an ugliness course with distinctions in every module. Now I'm going to hide in the basement 'til the angry mob of Ford apologists has dispersed.
Maybe it's less ugly in the flesh? I mean, our favourite star of TV and film (La Friel) only looks that fit because her makeup artist is an expert with the body filler & chicken wire. Don't take my word for this though, I found a rare candid photo of our Anna, just about to have her portion of fruit before she'd been into the makeup workshop:

True dat.. :scared:
My goodness me, you of all people, you whose aesthetic gene missed the mark when your Dad pulled out too early, you, lover of all that is B/L, you who wet your pants at any communist era East European car, you who call me grumpy if I so much as dislike any car, you are calling one Henry's blue oval offering, ugly. You are a charlatan.
Meanwhile, have you seen the witch once she has applied the make-up?

JPB

#2479 Post by JPB » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:20 am

:lol: The Anglia - in standard, UK factory form - is, to my eyes, a handsome and distinctive little car if not one that moves me especially, but that one has been made ugly by Italian designers, presumably after their coffee had been spiked with some form of hallucinogenic substance.
Your witch-related link won't work, by the way. I can only assume that the reason for this is that the witch in question is straight from the pages of one of the "special" magazines that you store in the attic in a locked steel case? :P
J

Luxobarge

#2480 Post by Luxobarge » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:10 am

JPB wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:20 am
Your witch-related link won't work,
Works for me. But not really "work safe" to show on your screen if you know what I mean....... ;)
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.